Killing Calibra Turbos

Station

Why do the users of these Vauxhall forums come across so much like simpletons!? :? plankton, pondlife, the most basic of life forms...

Nothing like a bit of unreasoned generalisation to get people's back up!We're not all fuck-brained 18 year old wannabe drag racers!

Why do the users of these Vauxhall forums come across so much like simpletons!? :? plankton, pondlife, the most basic of life forms...

Nothing like a bit of unreasoned generalisation to get people's back up!

We're not all fuck-brained 18 year old wannabe drag racers!

I'll second that. On the other hand, I would confess that at the very least there is something of an image problem. So, as the owner of an unmolested Nova I'm going to do my bit to redress the situation by saying

Posted Image

Station, are you by any chance Violet? As that user on there talks far too much sense like an Autoshite person would! :wink: MSG sounds reasonable plus 1 or 2 of the others but apart from that it's a board with little sympathy for anything :roll:

Station is Station I believe. MSG is a fucking legend, complete and utter nut case but a genuinely pleasant and, at times, unintenionally hysterical. I find him quite misunderstood to be honest and he's a diamond of a bloke.There are plenty of decent people on Mig but like almost all forums it has it's twerps, keyboard Conans, text talkers and cock jockeys. Happily though most are seen off in their infancy (fnarr fnarr) and either get their act together or just go for good. Different forums offer different 'styles' of posting if you like and some are fantastic for banter/abuse/slandering and others are more technical or reserved. Viva la difference and all that bollocks.

Migweb is the ONLY forum I've ever been financially shafted on.Guy breaking a Mk2 Astra, I wanted the lockset. He 'put it to one side' for me, and cashed my cheque for £25. Nothing arrived. Strangely he stopped answering my phone calls, and if I called from a withheld number the phone 'cut out' as soon as he realised who I was. I got my revenge in the end, but I was still £25 down.

Ive actually made money from migweb. Ive been given two mk3 cavalier shells from a guy who was creating a mk3 cav touring car replica (he did an excellent job too, really knew his stuff) and also bought a scrap MK3 astra estate rolling shell for a tenner. The guy had previously turned it into a V6 monster but had broken it up due to rust.Nice little earner for me!