Jaypee's 300td Merc - Unbearingable.. 23/07/21.

320touring

All Merc dizzles I've had have been very slow to warm up in winter, even with new thermostats.

I don't need to tell you about running on veg, but it'll prob be bit tricky to start in the morning if its high veg % and cold temps.

I'm replacing the glow plugs in the beemer as it was tad sluggish starting on low % veg in the cold.

Love these old mercs. Recycled panzer tanks that have an ounce of chod cred to keep a smile on your face. Always wanted one, but there’s never a cheep one with plenty of test on it when I got the cash. For now, I’ll keep running my equally boring but pleasantly comfortable carlton, even if it kills my knee. Top purchase there sir. How much was it?

Love these old mercs. Recycled panzer tanks that have an ounce of chod cred to keep a smile on your face. Always wanted one, but there’s never a cheep one with plenty of test on it when I got the cash. For now, I’ll keep running my equally boring but pleasantly comfortable carlton, even if it kills my knee. Top purchase there sir. How much was it?

T'was a Cat C back in 2006 ( likely a wing or summat, being 15 years old). Current owner had it since 2015

MOT til July '19

4 new Avon zv7s and an apparently full tank of Veg.

It was up for £400, I left with it for £280 after saying

"Tell you whit, if I give you a passenger ride in the GSA to go get the deposit, can we call it 280 rather than 300?

As Skizzer said:

Brilliant. ‘Old aart yer ‘ydropneumatic ‘aaaand...

Etc

It's another car like the Audi, too cheap to pass up.

Wow, you certainly have not disappointed with this one. That is one classy motor. Hope it can be cleaned up to the point of not being too disgusting! Will watch with interest.

Nothing a 'rug doctor' and the judicious application of not looking too fuggin closely won't solve..

59 randoms please

EFA

That’s a bargain. Epic.

We'll see!

How rusty is it?

Have you pulled off the jacking point covers yet and taken out the windscreen washer bottle to reveal serious rot?

DO NOT WANT!

From what I could see on the driveway, it ain't Oxforded. Either way, ahm no fussed:)

I too like these lots and lots, definitely a 'bucket list' car for me.

As in Bucket of sick?

In other news, I went out to video a cold start the now.

Battery is deid.

Have jumpleads and a charged battery here - that may be lunchtime activii

More going for this approach:

post-17572-0-27171300-1543833702_thumb.jpeg

Likely swap it over.