Jaypee's 300td Merc - Unbearingable.. 23/07/21.

320touring

Been far too long* since I have done one of these..

Last night, I spent some time ( and not an inconsiderable number of £) ordering up parts to fix 4 of the fleet. Additionally, the Audi goes in on Monday for two front tyres.

By midnight I was cash poor and not yet part rich, so I downed the laptop and turned to idly browsing my phone..

Staying strong through the sea of " for sale" tags here, I upped the ante and broke out TEH DADDY!

Gumtree.

Up in these parts, the bargains are oft far flung - population density and geography conspiring against the local bargain hunter.

Due to this, my default search includes a radius of 150 miles - annoyingly flagging up NI cars not worth the extortionate repatriation costs.

However, it also reaches into the far flung Ecosse.. catching exotic locations such as Duns and Huntly.

But not so this time, for lo, the tree did bear fruit and it doth fall not far from my abode.

This is the collection leg of the adventure, a TTT/ Split_Pin co-produced Caper.

My lift arrives at 8.

Judging by the fine quality motors currently in your fleet, I’m sure you have chosen the new vehicle well and that this will make for a fine collection Fred Dibnah. Good luck!

Hopefully I have not disappointed..

Speechless.

High praise indeed if I have silenced another gregarious Neil..

An na dizzle W124, not much GLF there, but waftage a plenty.

Looking at the gauges I'm guessing broken fuel gauge and knackered thermostat.

Either that or short journey and nowt in the tank :lol:

You are correct on all counts (Inc the short drive - only about 8 miles)

Think it's a lazy thermostat. Just like an Audi.

Great! Love the extra badging! 315k that’s the highest mileage car on the forum right there.

Really?

It's FUCKIN HINGIN in terms of cleanliness, and it reeks of veg.

The central locking doesn't work, passenger front window just clicks.

You turn it off by applying a vacuum line to the stop solenoid, which has failed in the stop position.

post-17572-0-43738300-1543786344_thumb.jpg

I'll need to rectify this. Current solution is extending the vac line into the cabin.. I may spend #actualmoney on a new valve..

It's parked up for the night ,will find out if it starts from cold ok tomorrow.