SAVED for a 2nd time Visa Cabriolet in Edinburgh! - New Clutch fitted

Six-cylinder

YOUR ADOPTION REALLY HELPS

Car adoptions like yours give a huge boost to our work. They not only help fund our work with local communities to monitor old chod movements and reduce car/bridge interface conflict but also fund our other vital work around the world.

Visa's soft tops prefer flat terrain, broken by nice beaches and warm sun. They live the high life, usually in Nice or St Tropez, although they occasionally can be found in select EH postcodes.

HOW WE CAN HELP

We’re working with governments, local communities and TRAFFIC (the old chod trade monitoring network) to prevent the illegal weighing in of these cars and their body parts & reduce conflict with local people. 

Pledge just £5 per month, you can make a difference.

You will receive a completed MOT certificate once a year, weekly photos of galloping rot, but you sleep easy knowing you made a difference.

Pledge now. Please.

I want to see what horrors those sills are hiding, I can't believe nowhere would take it on, sill floor and arch replacement used to be pretty everyday stuff.

Years back, while living in Sussex, I had a Mk2 Fiesta Ghia which failed its MOT on 'catastrophic' underbody rust; the testing garage refused outright to carry out any metalwork repairs - nope, no way, not at any price mate, can't weld fresh air, not happening - but, curiously, was also unable to show me exactly where the problem spots were. 

I ended up selling the Fezza on for buttons for spares/autograss car. A week or two later, it was seen running around town, and I continued to glimpse it on and off for a good few years, apparently fixed and MOT'd.

Recently, I happened to discover that a fellow shiter on here had worked part-time at the self-same garage briefly, doing valeting and the like - apparently, the garage owner was a bit of a binlid and didn't really know how to weld. I probably wasn't the first mug to receive a wildly exaggerated fail list, all to avoid him having to weld a small patch onto a sill or something.

Clearly there's a fair bit of corrosion to the Visa as shown in FOAD/Shite Knight's pics, but I wouldn't rule out the original mechanic being the limiting factor in this situation, rather than the car!

Great to see the love and generosity on display here, and best of luck with the upcoming weldathon.

I picked up the sills this morning and I'm about half way finished on one side.

I took a couple of videos so will maybe upload them later.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Quick work.The good thing about aftermarket sills for Visas is that they are full sills,and include the stiffener section that's below the door.Once the job is done they look as if they've always been there.I had this job done on a Super E about 25 years ago and with the welds smoothed and door steps painted in the original colour that part of the car looked brand new.

Progress is remarkably rapid on this, top job! I can barely convince a local garage to weld a couple of patches on the inner sills of a particular vehicle at the moment. Currently they are taking the job on at their leisure. Very happy to see this get saved though! When I get some money coming in I will chuck in a tenner to the fund.

Great story. Be even greaterer if the original owner got it back. It’s a bit like shite sos.....

Yeah but this has actual car repair content rather than just a load of sentimental backstory on the owner with cutaways to the presenters wanking each other off in a garage every now and then. *

*I've only watched one episode of it so may have got some of the details wrong.

Great story. Be even greaterer if the original owner got it back. It’s a bit like shite sos.....

I'm assuming that the original owner isn't on here watching all these shenanigans. 

He's probably at home now, only slightly concerned that a complete stranger rolled up and drove off in his car.

Didn't bother taking the V5 & just shouting things out of the window like,

'I'll have it back to you in time for xmas'

And, 'thou shalt go to the ball, Cinders...'

It's fucking mental - well done.