SAVED for a 2nd time Visa Cabriolet in Edinburgh! - New Clutch fitted

Six-cylinder

Talking of two bucket wrong un , I saw a circular mesh thing in Eurocarparts that goes in the bucket ..so all the grit on the dirty sponge, falls through to the bottom of the bucket ,keeping the sponge reasonably clean .I didn't buy one , as I don't wash my motors very often . :roll:

Yes I have one of those in my bucket. Its annoying as it means you can't use all the soapy water right to the bottom of the bucket. Pretty sure it exists solely to try and force people into two buckets. But oh no, I'm not falling for that one! I am very a one bucket sort of guy.

Didn't realise the Visa had the dash pod, had it in my head they used conventional stalks and switchgear...you learn something every day.

I love the similarities with the Favorit window winder being spotted... that's the sort of random stuff you'd only find here!

Later Visas were santised with sensible, boring stalks.

I made a little bit more progress, finished welding, filling and painting both sills and gave the front brake lines a scrub, they actually weren't corroded at all but had some flaky black stuff/paint/grease which made them look worse.

Jobs left to do are a small patch on the inner wing, stop the water pump from leaking and possibly swap a tyre, the spare had a brand new tyre so I might swap that onto one of the alloys that's allegedly got a defective tyre.

I've been working on it every night after work but I don't think I'll get a chance of putting it in for a test until next week.

The clutch is definitely on the way out, the previous owner mentioned having a brand new clutch at home but didn't want to waste money fitting it if it wasn't going to pass an mot.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

I made a little bit more progress, finished welding, filling and painting both sills and gave the front brake lines a scrub, they actually weren't corroded at all but had some flaky black stuff/paint/grease which made them look worse.

Jobs left to do are a small patch on the inner wing, stop the water pump from leaking and possibly swap a tyre, the spare had a brand new tyre so I might swap that onto one of the alloys that's allegedly got a defective tyre.

I've been working on it every night after work but I don't think I'll get a chance of putting it in for a test until next week.

The clutch is definitely on the way out, the previous owner mentioned having a brand new clutch at home but didn't want to waste money fitting it if it wasn't going to pass an mot.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Might be worth a clutch now!

Status upgraded from FUCKED to FOADED AND READY FOR FURTHER IMPROVEMENTS.

Great work Scott, remarkably good of you to give up your time and skills to save this.

It sounds like it should be off soon and you can get back to fettling your own motors.

It's been fun sorting this out, maybe we could do it again on something else and actually do a shiter loan scheme type of thing.

I wish to formally nominate Captain_70s and his Doloshite as next candidate.

42159411492_86ffebc863_c.jpgRJC_1930 by srblythe, on Flickr

Could do but I don't really have the room for long term storage which is why when we had his Acclaim over for welding it needed to be sorted and away as soon as possible which ended up with Captain 70's doing a massive weldathon and leaving in the early hours of the morning.

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  Well done that man

Date tested14 December 2018 PASS
Mileage58,046 miles
Test location  View test location
Expiry date13 December 2019
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Nearside Front Inner Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive wing (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Inner Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive wing (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Wheel bearing has slight play (5.1.3 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Wheel bearing slightly noisy (5.1.3 ( B) (