Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Wanted

C15 wanted :-) or 1.9 Berlingo

Wanted

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   plasticvandan

plasticvandan

Stasi Storesman

• Full Members
  • 2,504 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationWorcestershire

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:09 PM

Hi guys,with the onset of winter i once again get thinking towards covered transport,tho I have been mulling it over more seriously for a few months..anyway I have finally settled on wanting a Citroen C15 van.One of these was the first vehicle I ever drove legally*,my dad had one to replace his Acadiane,and for me is the perfect mix of sensible practicality and character,it i don't have any sort of interest in a hobby kind of way,I can't muster up any enthusiasm to have it,which is never a good thing.I think now is the time to find one before they disappear or reach full on classic status.Not sure if there is anyone on here who still has one,I know a few have floated about in recent times.
Having a weird time on the insurance front,seems cheap enough but hard finding people who will insure it as if it was a car,i.e Sdp+c,it's either social or carriage of goods.
Edit,after speaking with my dad he suggested it a good idea to include the 1.9 Berlingo/partner in my search :-)
  • Lord Sterling and Six-cylinder like this

#2 ONLINE   anonymous user

anonymous user

• Full Members
  • 5,449 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationAbject Poverty

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:12 PM

I have mine insured with LV, I think there are a few others who still have them Six Cylinder for one
  • plasticvandan likes this

#3 ONLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 9,188 posts
  • 77 thanks

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:14 PM

Lots of insurers will SDP&C a van. It is still “van insurance” though. Car insurers will decline.

My Relay is currently @ Admiral Van on those terms.
2001 51 BMW X5 3.0 Sport Auto (really quite brown. hopefully not James Brown.)
2007 57 Citroen C1 1.0 Vibe / bASe
2002 02 Porsche Boxster S
2016 65 Citroen Relay 2.2 L2H1
2017 17 Dacia Duster 1.6 Access

#4 OFFLINE   Six-cylinder

Six-cylinder

• Full Members
  • 5,832 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationBuckingham

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:59 PM

My insurance is lumped in with a load of other stuff so doesn't really help.

At home and running:
1997 Citroen XM 2.0 16v Auto, 1996 Citroen ZX TD Estate, 2001 Alfa 156 V6 Veloce, 2000 Citroen C15, 1991 BMW E30 325i SE, 2001 Alfa 156 V6 Sport wagon Veloce, 
2004 Range Rover TD6

At home and broken:

1966 Jaguar E-Type FHC (Water inside the inlet manifold), Cadillac (MOT failure)

Away and being fixed:
1990 Mercdes 200TE

#5 OFFLINE   jon.k

jon.k

• Full Members
  • 234 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:58 PM

That sounds like a great choice. If my 305 had to go a c15 would be the natural replacement, I think.

#6 OFFLINE   kinkersaab

kinkersaab

• Full Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Locationaberdeenshire

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:16 PM

I know of an 05 one in white with about 80k that is recently run out of mot..it would be available for a little more than fuck all. Its in aberdeeenshire though.
  • Faker likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Faker

Faker

• Full Members
  • 1,771 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationN.I.

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:31 PM

I know of an 05 one in white with about 80k that is recently run out of mot..it would be available for a little more than fuck all. Its in aberdeeenshire though.

More info please!!! PM me!!
reliving my youth

#8 OFFLINE   Burnside

Burnside

• Full Members
  • 850 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationMidlands

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:41 PM

We Insure all our Vans via a local Insurance Broker so could be worth a try if there one in your area. I think the current Insurance policy on the most recent one we took out is through Ageas and that covers anyone over 30.

My Dad had a 2003 C15 Van a few years ago with the later 1.9 Derv in. Went well and had plenty of torque plus it handled ok being French. It never gave him much trouble either despite it shabby exterior thanks to the previous owner and had about 140,000 on it when he sold it.

These are great vans but can get a bit ripe in old age. Check rear sills, rear load floor and back panel. Above the Cab can get scabby and check the roof for dents often missed when viewing Vans ask me how I know! An of course the Bonnet as they like to rust under the plastic trim but your struggle to find one that hasn't got rust there to some extent as its a water trap. Inner wings round the engine bay and headlights. Clutches can get quiet stiff and look for headgaskets and worn wheel bearings. Make sure there no fuel leaks under the bonnet round the cover plate and listen out for hunting as another clue for fuel leaking.

Parts are plentiful new and used and my Dad found the local Citroen dealer was cheaper for minor odds and ends than local Motor Factors.

All the best with the search.
1993 Vauxhall Cavalier LS 1.8i Hatch.
2004 Fiat Scudo 1.9 JTD 8v Van.

#9 OFFLINE   matty879

matty879

• Full Members
  • 460 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Locationstoke on trent

Posted 23 November 2018 - 04:17 AM

We Insure all our Vans via a local Insurance Broker so could be worth a try if there one in your area. I think the current Insurance policy on the most recent one we took out is through Ageas and that covers anyone over 30.

My Dad had a 2003 C15 Van a few years ago with the later 1.9 Derv in. Went well and had plenty of torque plus it handled ok being French. It never gave him much trouble either despite it shabby exterior thanks to the previous owner and had about 140,000 on it when he sold it.

These are great vans but can get a bit ripe in old age. Check rear sills, rear load floor and back panel. Above the Cab can get scabby and check the roof for dents often missed when viewing Vans ask me how I know! An of course the Bonnet as they like to rust under the plastic trim but your struggle to find one that hasn't got rust there to some extent as its a water trap. Inner wings round the engine bay and headlights. Clutches can get quiet stiff and look for headgaskets and worn wheel bearings. Make sure there no fuel leaks under the bonnet round the cover plate and listen out for hunting as another clue for fuel leaking.

Parts are plentiful new and used and my Dad found the local Citroen dealer was cheaper for minor odds and ends than local Motor Factors.

All the best with the search.

check the roof for dents 

did you roll one too?

#10 OFFLINE   Burnside

Burnside

• Full Members
  • 850 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationMidlands

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:28 PM

No thankfully! What I mean is a lot of Vans get knocked about and people don't care about how they carry loads in them or on the roof too. Some will even use the roof as a platform to stand on which then leaves them bent. My Dads a Builder and I've previously worked in a Builders Merchant so have see first hand how careless some people are. A lot of peoples attitude is it's just a Van mate etc.

We had various Van's and Pickups over the years so got to know what to look for and Dented roofs is something easily missed when buying. An in lot of cases it also means they couldn't care less about oil changes and general maintenance either.
1993 Vauxhall Cavalier LS 1.8i Hatch.
2004 Fiat Scudo 1.9 JTD 8v Van.

#11 OFFLINE   lesapandre

lesapandre

• Full Members
  • 3,278 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationParis Tokyo Deptford

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

There is a red low mileage C15 on EbyGum currently. Probably top money for a C15 but would probably be less hassle buying a 'good-un". Here is the link.

https://rover.ebay.c...tm/202506268525

Another reason for dents is bird strike - I hit a pigeon at 80 - big dent in front of roof.

Good ones are undervalued IMHO - these really are good and very frugal. French farmers love them.

#12 OFFLINE   plasticvandan

plasticvandan

Stasi Storesman

• Full Members
  • 2,504 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationWorcestershire

Posted 23 November 2018 - 04:03 PM

it seems a lot for one thats had a lot of welding...

• lesapandre likes this

#13 ONLINE   anonymous user

anonymous user

• Full Members
  • 5,449 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationAbject Poverty

Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

Looking at some of the seller's other items (brochures in particular) should be one of us. The price does make the ones I've bought off here very bargainacious. There is what looks like a very nice white one on ebay at the moment, but it is even more expensive at £1750

#14 OFFLINE   Mrs6C

Mrs6C

• Full Members
  • 1,123 posts
  • 53 thanks
  • LocationIn the Field of Dreams...

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:03 PM

CatsintheWelder mentioned a low mileage C15 in Shrewsbury, earlier this year. Not sure if it is still available, but here are some details and photos...

http://autoshite.com...-c15/?p=1400604

#15 ONLINE   anonymous user

anonymous user

• Full Members
  • 5,449 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationAbject Poverty

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:29 PM

Oi, pvd have a look in ebay tat thread

#16 OFFLINE   lesapandre

lesapandre

• Full Members
  • 3,278 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationParis Tokyo Deptford

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:50 PM

it seems a lot for one thats had a lot of welding...

Gosh. I took the ad at face value. Yes MoT history not great. Not sure it sold

#17 OFFLINE   D Spares & Tyres

D Spares & Tyres

Big member

• Full Members
  • 4,322 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • LocationMid nineties.

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:56 PM

CatsintheWelder mentioned a low mileage C15 in Shrewsbury, earlier this year. Not sure if it is still available, but here are some details and photos...

http://autoshite.com...-c15/?p=1400604

I bought that

Then murdered it. I can't be bothered typing all that out again but it's on the thread 'piss poor spannering skills'

Anyway, I have most of its parts left.

#18 OFFLINE   Steve79

Steve79

• Full Members
  • 606 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:51 AM

Don't discount a Renault Kangoo. I had a 2000 1.9d n/a for a while as well as a n/a 1.9d partner and I found it much more car like to drive. Quite liked it.

A mate also had a 2004 Kangoo 1.5dci which he used for courier work and that was apparently a nice steer as well.

#19 OFFLINE   artdjones

artdjones

• Full Members
  • 1,129 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • LocationCork

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

Don't discount a Renault Kangoo. I had a 2000 1.9d n/a for a while as well as a n/a 1.9d partner and I found it much more car like to drive. Quite liked it.

A mate also had a 2004 Kangoo 1.5dci which he used for courier work and that was apparently a nice steer as well.

If you get a Kangoo,make sure it's a 65 not a 55,they are very tall and 55hp is not really enough to push them through a headwind.Don't bother with a 1.5,they have a very delicate fuel system, although they are nice to drive.The ultimate is a 1.9 DCi 4wd.

#20 ONLINE   marm

marm

• Full Members
  • 331 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationThe Smoke

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:01 PM

https://www.ebay.co....an/292844802964

#21 OFFLINE   somewhatfoolish

somewhatfoolish

Deputy Vice-Pomfrite of the Titicacan Legation

• Full Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationArgyll&Buteshire

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:11 PM

If a non-crispy one can be located, the R5-derived Extra is a pretty solid workhorse.
  • Burnside likes this

post-9424-0-06631200-1530529320.jpg

#22 ONLINE   catsinthewelder

catsinthewelder

• Full Members
  • 4,079 posts
  • 30 thanks
  • LocationLudlow

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:24 PM

https://www.ebay.co....5.c100011.m1850

Currently £251 RNM with a full years ticket in Gainsborough

• Mrs6C likes this