Lupo 20v Turbo Project [Glasgow-ish]

pauldoubleyou

Bit of a heavy heart this. I've worked on this for the last two years however it looks like i will be moving to Bahrain early next year for at least six months, leaving me with need to use the garage for storing my daily driver.

Build thread:

http://autoshite.com/topic/29219-lupo-20v-turbo-sounds-like-a-good-idea/

61b5c3ed7f9703f14c84f96e13e01c2f.jpg

Frustratingly close to completion too, but i really could do with the space. I have been in talks with a few of you who did comment on the build thread that might be interested but xmas is not always the best time of the year for things like this.

So here goes. I have to price it properly too, which give or take is relative to the amount of work i like to feel and the price they can go for completed (£2k-£2.5k). It is not perfect and still requires some work to finish but the work is listed below in massive detail.

Work that is left to finish:

* Fit slimline fan and wire into fan switch on radiator (three wires)

* Fit clutch switch (supplied) and wire one wire to the ECU (wire pinned and supplied)

* Needs a cat to pass MOT - currently has decat on with clamps. MGF will fit if you cut flanges off.

* Lambda currently blanked. Needs obtaining and plugging in.

* One wire alternator to rev counter.

* One wire speed sensor to speedo.

* Brake will need an upgrade as the standard 1.0 disks / drums are still on.

* Passenger seatbelt

* No headlining

* Paint around boot VW badge is crap

* Someone has scraped the passenger door and blown it over, doesnt look great. I would replace.

* Accelerator pedal is mounted a bit high, needs unbolting, heating up, bending down a bit.

* Front mount could with with painting black, bit of position fettling and maybe some mesh to hide it (or paint it black)

Comes with another set of alloys and tyres

Colour matched paint can

Box full of coolant and air hoses

Various sensors

Spare clutch stuff, slave cylinder etc

Full V5

Some previous history

A few keys

All paperwork from the conversion, receipts etc

Spec:

1.0 base Lupo still registered as 1.0, think it has about 71k on it - some history but pretty irrelevant

1.8 20vt AUQ from Octavia had done 90k 180bhp standard

k03s with correctly adjusted wastegate

Boost upped to 16psi on ECU, full remap done

Immobiliser removed

Overrun added (slight)

Generic FMIC setup with custom MAP sensor mount, mostly 2.5" hoses

New MAF / crank / cam sensor etc

Secondary air system fully removed, blanks fitted, ECU reprogrammed, new correct vac hose runs

Second Lambda removed and ECU reprogrammed

Charcoal / N249 valve removed and ECU reporgrammed

All wiring tidy and completed with ECU relay, unused sensor wiring removed. All wiring diagrams from build retained.

New coolant copper seals

New sump plug and seal

New dipstick holder

New oil pump

New timing belt

New oil strainer

All filters done

Sump gasket done

Rocker gasket done

Octavia gearstick and selectors

Octavia accelerator pedal on Lupo TDI hydraulic pedal box

New carpet

Rear half stripped out with trim and seats included for later

Custom stainless downpipe

New clutch

Single Mass Flywheel

Mk4 Golf PS Pump

Chassis notched to fit engine and box

K+N cone

Cut / welded pass driveshaft on Lupo outer CVs and Mk2 Golf GTi inner CVs

Standard lupo drivers driveshaft with 9mm spacer at hub side and Mk2 Golf GTi inners

110mm Gearbox cups

5 Spd O2A box from Octavia VRS

Stubby oil filter

2.5" downpipe to 2.5" decat to 2" cherry bomb that was on it when i bought it, a bit too loud tbh

Silicone vac hoses

Boost gauge / volt gauge up and running, oil pressure gauge and sender present but not plumbed in

Dont get me wrong its not perfect. I'm not a professional but ive taken my time to do my best with everything on it. It would probably only need the Lambda and Cat to pass a test, but to be clear im selling it as a project. Its not been 100% road tested but it starts first time, idles to temp (gauge works) and sits there fine. Overfuelling obviously from the lack of Lambda etc.

Would need towing / trailering.

To reiterate

Car is running, driving, all interior back in and in good nick

£1500 is the price I'm after as near as dammit really.

It is not listed anywhere else, no scene tax etc, time will tell if i need to but im not looking forward to 15 lads turning up in mk3 Golfs to rev the arse off it. I'm not a young lad and this is'nt the reason i built it.

Power wise i cant comment as it has not been on the rollers but should be around the 200bhp mark.

Due to needing the space i cant really see swaps happening unless someone pulls a blinder out and it can sit outside for 6-12 months.

It's a real shame mate, I think despite the fact it's a little 'left field' for AS there are many on here that were looking forward to seeing it finished, not least me so I could get first dibs, unfortunately I don't need a project!

Work is work though and you've got to go where it is. Good luck with the sale, dare I say it but there might be a fair bit of interest on the 'Blue Forum'.

It's a real shame mate, I think despite the fact it's a little 'left field' for AS there are many on here that were looking forward to seeing it finished, not least me so I could get first dibs, unfortunately I don't need a project!

Work is work though and you've got to go where it is. Good luck with the sale, dare I say it but there might be a fair bit of interest on the 'Blue Forum'.

I know, and part of me just wants to take a day out of work and just crack on and tick those boxes really. But then i wouldnt be asking this price for a completed car, and i think i would be more pissed off with myself having it complete and letting it go straight away.

Ill leave it up here, if only to show my intention to sell, and think about ticking those jobs off but things like family and xmas is now getting in the way massively. Maybe think about RR later.

Seriously, what a couple of others have said...have a good look into storage.

I reckon in 12 months or so time you will be absolutely kicking yourself for selling this, especially before you've even had a chance to take it for a blast.

I'd love it, but have neither the space nor skills to finish it properly.

Makes me think it's really a spiritual successor to the MG Metro Turbo.