1991 Toyota Corolla 1.6GL Executive

pandamonium

Performance is lesuirely to say the least. 

Good points:

63,000 miles

Lots of history

2 former keepers

Brown interior, lovely and clean

Cassette player

Toyota original wind deflectiors 

Power steering

Electric windows front and rear

Electric sunroof

Box of tools and stuff in boot. 

5 alloys with decent tyres

Not so good:

Key is difficult to operate in lock and ignition, looks to be a worn key.

Auto choke not brilliant in the morning, takes a couple of attempts to get it running. Might see how difficult a manual conversion is. 

Rust hole in wing, but oddly nowhere else.

Weird lacquer peel / crap paint on the driver's side rear door and wing. 

Very nice!

My mate had an identical G reg one a while back, it turned out to be quite crusty underneath. We sculpted a new sill end and (yes I know!) rear seatbelt mount out of chemical metal and lollipop sticks to get it a new MOT. He sold it not long after and it ended up being exported to Africa.

Very nice!

My mate had an identical G reg one a while back, it turned out to be quite crusty underneath. We sculpted a new sill end and (yes I know!) rear seatbelt mount out of chemical metal and lollipop sticks to get it a new MOT. He sold it not long after and it ended up being exported to Africa.

Will drop the Kia around in the morning thanks. 

Yes.. I went to see one in Sunderland and described it (on here) "a bit Barnacle Bill/seams bulging"

My mates one was an ex giffer owned car and it really looked the biz inside and the bodywork and paint were spot on. It was only when you crawled underneath it looked terrible. Sill seams were all rotten and bulging, floors had been patched a few times, surface rust and rusty scabs all over the place.

Surprisingly it was only that sill end and rear belt mount it failed its test on, so we took it back to my place, battered out all the loose rust and crud then made a former out of cardboard and lollipop sticks to get the shape of the sill right and poured liquid chemical metal into it! The belt mount got stuffed up with chemical metal putty.

Left to dry overnight, a quick rub down and coat of black stonechip and went back in for retest where it passed! Good job the tester didn’t put a magnet on the repairs!

It was a nice drive though, really comfortable and quick too for a 1600 auto. I think they look great too, especially these hatch/coupe/liftback style ones.

The same mates dad had a H reg metallic grey saloon version for a long time too. Again, really nice car but that one was spotless and had no rust whatsoever on it. They’re one of those cars where, if you can stop it rusting they’ll last indefinitely.

Mrs Dick had a G plate one of these when I met her in 2004. It was immaculate and she bought it as a bargain trade in from behind a Yeovil car dealership. £225 cash in the salesman's hand.

It was only after we'd been together for a while and she'd partly moved in with me, that I thought I'd check over her fluids (fnar).

Turns out the dipstick was dry as a bone. Real shame as the car had clearly been well maintained until she'd acquired it.

We moved down to Cornwall with it and got shot shortly after. It didnt have much power by that point, and the engine was definitely on the way out. We sold it cheaply as spares or repair - it didn't last longer than six months with the new owner iirc.

I'm glad yours has survived and looks to be in tidy condition. They're Toyota at the top of their game- enjoy!