V8 itch.

chaseracer

Always loved Daimler V8s, I used to look after one for my first wifes boss and drove it many times, sound lovely, not that quick. Designed by Edward Turner of Triumph 500/Bonneville engine fame and therefore, superb :)  I have never had the pleasure of driving the 4.5 litre Majestic Major but that was the engine that consigned Daimler to a badge only - it was fitted in a few MK Xs and blew the XK engine out of the water by a LARGE margin and was not allowed to continue to exist  :( 

Always loved Daimler V8s, I used to look after one for my first wifes boss and drove it many times, sound lovely, not that quick. Designed by Edward Turner of Triumph 500/Bonneville engine fame and therefore, superb :)  I have never had the pleasure of driving the 4.5 litre Majestic Major but that was the engine that consigned Daimler to a badge only - it was fitted in a few MK Xs and blew the XK engine out of the water by a LARGE margin and was not allowed to continue to exist  :(

Funny you bring up the Majestic Major engine. I’d love to one day build a Jag mkX and fit that engine to create the car Jaguar should have made. Not that I’ve got anything against the XK lump of course.

Mind you, I’d gladly kill for a Majestic Major! Lovely cars.

Chaseracer has now messaged me declaring himself "oot" for Huggy; fair enough, nineteen foot of steel with the steering on what many see as the wrong side, isn't for everyone.

It's still available, therefore, and while I can't drop the price any lower, I can offer pies as bribery!