Integra 1.5 NOT TYPE R JDM MUGEN GRAN TURISMO 4etc

Mr_Bo11ox

Hey check this out, I have LIDERALLY just unhooked it off my A-frame.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Picked it up from Oswestry and towed it back behind the P100, which incidentally is a far better a-frame dragger than I had expected, its mad for it man and chugs up hills no problem with some shite on the back. Anyway this integra is a very nice thing, 22k from new with one elderly owner! He only used it for going to get his pension. Its in the original paint all over and the engine is silent! No service history unfortunately as it has been lost, and I suppose you dont get through a lot of services in 22k anyway. It needs a good clean and machine polish and a little bit of metalwork at the back of one sill. I reckon with some time spent on the polishing mop, this car could be a proper doctor-standard honey of a thing. I paid £300 which I feel is more than I would like to have paid, seeing as its only got about 6 weeks MOT, but there we are, the owner's 60-odd year old son-in-law was sorting it all out and he was a really sound fellow so i dont mind really. MORE SHITE MORE SHITE!!

Nice work Bollox, looks like you're the envy of your estate already! You should drive it over to the Billing show tomorrow.

Lovely buy Mr. B, there is an essential 'rightness' about these '80s Hondas that I can't place. Maybe it's just the memories of my parents' 4th gen Accord never ever ever going wrong. Even though it had a carb, it started and ran like it had fuel injection. Really comfy, well put-together and well engineered too. I wish my dad hadn't got rid of it for a new L200 which felt like something from the dark ages in comparison.. I'll have to try one for myself sometime.

Actually some news for you Mr B, you could actually get Mugen bits for these old Integras.

Posted ImagePosted Image

That means you now have to source the whole lot - good luck!

Lovely buy Mr. B, there is an essential 'rightness' about these '80s Hondas that I can't place. Maybe it's just the memories of my parents' 4th gen Accord never ever ever going wrong. Even though it had a carb, it started and ran like it had fuel injection. Really comfy, well put-together and well engineered too. I wish my dad hadn't got rid of it for a new L200 which felt like something from the dark ages in comparison.. I'll have to try one for myself sometime.

Aye. I had a 1990 Civic and I loved it because it felt like a car that old Mr Honda would have approved of. Low, light, twin-carb, zingy yet ran like an absolute macine. If it hadn't been rotten, I would probably have kept it. With the Subaru gone, I need another cheap and reliable daily. Maybe I should find another...

Very nice! Always admired these myself. Fatha Lobster looked at a new one in about '87 but chickened out and bought a Sierra instead :roll:

Are we related? My grandad considered one of these as a company car to replace his Honda Accord in about'88 but thought the seat was too low. Ended up buying a Sierra 1.8 LX.

been having a look at this car today, check the bay! Its like a new car!

Posted Image

Also looking through the books, it has been serviced and the book stamped every couple of years at the Honda main dealer who supplied it new! I think i will get in touch with them and see if they can give me any copies of its service records. I am supa chuffed with it!

I was going to say from memory it was serviced on time, not miles.Hughes' should have the full history on file, they don't throw much away!!

Yo Mistah B there are some serious respec points comin' to you from the streets of East East London (North Essex area) from Pimp master Futuramic.You haz joined me in da green car with ho-tastic cloth interior posse. I is lovin' the mad-tite flava of your pop-up lights. You can borrow my shitty stick coz you'll need it to bat off all the honeyz wantin' Integra action.Stick it to da drifterzz for me FWD GR8 4 UNDERSTERRING ROUND TESCOS CAR PARK>Seriously that is an awesome car that I would be proud to call my own. Bonus points for actually finding a manual Honda! I thought most came with auto as a standard part of the "Meldrew Pack" offered as standard by all the dealers. I still love the engineering under the bonnet, so clean and simple; but I'll bet that thing revs like a turbine whilst remaining kitten quiet. The interior too is about as 80s as Gordon Gecko's living room, but all the better for it. I remember wanting one of those when younger (until seduced by the low slung lines of the Prelude), what's the performance like?Repair the rust post haste and enjoy the thing!

About 10 years ago there was a documentary about a gang of drug smugglers who had a fleet of old Intergras that they used as mules by filling the door cavities with gear, one was red and one was white with black bumpers, okay then, a brace of Integras, not a fleet, this old boy must have been the big boss with his fancy gold one.

Hilariously, they were rumbled by their unusual choice of car. If I recall the documentary was presented by Trevor McDonald.

Wow, what a super car! A great find. I'll echo the praise for Hondas from this era, the two Accords I had were fantastic, a real surprise. Lovely engineered feel to them. There was mutual admiration for them expressed during the weekend at Billing (where sadly there were no Hondas at all on the showfield, so you need to redress this next year, please).

I do like that, i used to drive a lot of old Honda's from that era and they all was a nice drive with only the rust issues letting them down.The original Accord Aerodeck was one of the best, I used to love the rear end of them.They had mega light power steering as well on most of them iirc.