Vauxpedia - lose yourself for hours ALL VOXLAZ R NOT SHITE

The Reverend Bluejeans

Izusu (naturally). Yeah, the site isn’t the best but I think it’s one of those long term projects for the chap that he started when websites were simpler things and he’s concentrated on the content, not fancy bells and whistles (or even making it a bit more straightforward to navigate)

Hats off to the fellow. It’s an absolute gold mine of info.

The HB Viva development story is epic. British stylist shows Bill Mitchell the HA replacement. Mitchell says 'this is shite', takes British stylist to lunch, and gives a young Aussie stylist three hours to come up with something. When they came back from lunch, Aussie stylist has come up with this, the best looking two door saloon made in the sixties. 

The HB Viva really is a pretty thang.

post-3069-0-51002400-1542198657_thumb.png

Maybe I'm missing something , but does anyone know if there's a Ford equivalent to Vauxpedia and AR Online ?

There's even a Rootes/Chrysler site, but I've never found anything similar for Ford, lots of individual model club sites( mostly shit) and Turbosport for the old Skool racist/ Superlites type stuff.

The Ford one would be full of bullshitters going on about how their uncle has a Mondeo Cosworth in his garage and all that bollocks. Any site dedicated to post 1980 Fords will have some right helmets on it. I’d join a lot of the Mondeo ones but having looked on them they attract a lot of the type you wouldn’t want to find in your garden at night.

The Ford one would be full of bullshitters going on about how their uncle has a Mondeo Cosworth in his garage and all that bollocks. Any site dedicated to post 1980 Fords will have some right helmets on it. I’d join a lot of the Mondeo ones but having looked on them they attract a lot of the type you wouldn’t want to find in your garden at night.

Mind you, look at the modern Vauxhall crew now, the VXR headbangers. The guys into early Rallye Sport Ford stuff are a better breed than the semi literate Fast Ford reader. 

Fuckin' Cosseh, three bar map sensor innit, fuckin' Samcoa 'oses m8

I've known about that site for a while and already spent far too much time on it. The look and feel isn't the best but it makes up for that with loads of truly fascinating and well-researched content, the opposite of so many glossy modern sites that are all style and very little substance. My three favourite things so far are the FWD V8 Cresta (utter madness), the FD Victor coupe (should have built that with a V8) and the Opel Commodore cabrio.

Thats my evening sorted then.  :-D

My first car was a Viva HB (not much choice s Dad was paying, and it was a Vauxhall or nothing), Just over a year later I had a Chevette HS. 

Later had a Viceroy, two 24v Senators, and ten (I think) Omegas.

My current Omega will probably be my last Vauxhall though, unless I get rich enough to buy another Chevette HS or a Lotus Carlton.

It was bad enough that their recent cars are utter shite, but now the brand is owned by the French, for fucks sake.  :-(

As bad as the Vectra ones?

I signed up to one ages ago when i was looking at a 3.2 GSI, the "characters" put me off getting one, thankfully.