Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

Forse Ale, Pug 306 Bosch pumped Turbot Diesesal Sedan

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   castros_bro

castros_bro

• Full Members
  • 2,231 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • Locationen route

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:30 PM

This ... Peugeot 306 Bosch pumped Turbot Diesel  Sedan £350 Surrey. Got from another Shiter but lack of employment/money but mainly space have lead to a desperate change of plan,  MOT fail as per photo, fitted with winter tyres on alloys but a set of normals on steels plus trims are in the boot. The cleanest nicest XUD I've ever owned.   New drop link supplied. Garage has started leaking (asbestos roof???)  so council want it empty and I've no where to fettle the repairs.

Date tested 10 September 2018 Fail
Mileage 103,904 miles
MOT test number 2270 0528 2598

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is inadequately repaired (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is inadequately repaired (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (5.3.4 ( B) (ii))
  • Exhaust emissions test aborted because smoke levels are significantly in excess of the specified limit values (8.2.2.2 (f))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Oil leak, but not excessive (8.4.1 (a) (i))
  • both front coil springs corroded
  • Nearside Front Shock absorbers light misting of oil or has limited damping effect (5.3.2 ( B))
  • Offside Front Shock absorbers light misting of oil or has limited damping effect (5.3.2 ( B))
  • Front Inner Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Rear suspension seized solid no up and down movment at all...

306a.jpg 306b.jpg

306c.jpg 306d.jpg

306e.jpg 306f.jpg

306h.jpg 306j.jpg

306g.jpg 306k.jpg

Attached Images

• 306m.jpg
  • 306n.jpg

• Burnside, michael t, Lacquer Peel and 2 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   Partridge

Partridge

• Full Members
  • 4,925 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationNorthamptonshire (the posh bit)

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:13 PM

I was said shiter responsible for bringing this into our community. I should have just stuck it out and got it through the MoT. Sadly taking it back isn't an option as my drive way is at full capacity right now.

I'm sorry it failed - the excessive smoke thing is very surprising, as I don't remember it smoking at all?

Perpetually disillusioned with life, but never old Peugeots.  

#3 OFFLINE   BorniteIdentity

BorniteIdentity

Dangly Mirrored Sierra Saviour of the year!

• Full Members
  • 4,072 posts
  • 49 thanks

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:40 AM

FFS.

I saw one of these just last wednesday - nearly turned around to take a photo of it because it looked resplendent with a saloon boot and sorrento green paintwork.

Unfortunately - and this sounds shit - I can drive a car of any age to work.  But it needs to look presentable as I try to milk my mileage as much as possible.  Also, by time time I'm a few hundred into this (and I reckon the bill here would begin with a £4_ _ ) it needs to be bought by someone who can do stuff themselves, not a talentless knucklehead like me.

I love it tho. GLWS.

I make myself laugh sometimes.

When I posted the above in Partridge's original thread - I had NO IDEA it was actually Partridge's car that I saw!!! Twat. I was on my way to ShiteSupport HQ (Alf892's house) in Rushden at the time.

I'm still in no better place to take it on sadly.
1999 Toyota Avensis SR.  236k|   1996 Toyota Granvia.  186k|   1989 Mercedes Benz 190 bASe.  97k|   1983 Ford Sierra bASe.  154k|

https://sierrabase.wordpress.com/

#4 OFFLINE   castros_bro

castros_bro

• Full Members
  • 2,231 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • Locationen route

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:33 AM

I'm still fighting this, the recent deluge have demonstrated why the asbestos garage roof need replacing as I'm now laying under a 306 in a small pond.   The smoke thing is from the recent MOT changes so the throttle is floored and any visible smoke is now a fail.   Car been serviced, new filters etc., a temporary  boost gauge is being fitted to check if the turbo/intercooler is leaking boost somewhere exacerbating the smoke, if not then the injector pump will get adjusted and tipexed.  Drop link will get changed, pond depth depending,  and the sale of a moped should fund a new rear axle. Mobile generator now in back of garage, MIG and angle grinders being dusted off. So now it's a race against time and if the council evict before MOT then it has nowhere to go.

#5 OFFLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 24,097 posts
  • 42 thanks
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:15 AM

I might be wrong but I think the rule about ‘any visible smoke under hard acceleration is a fail’ only applies to cars equipped with a DPF?

Theres friggin zero chance of getting a Land-Rover 2.5 diesel or old banana engine Transit through a test of that sort.

• Lacquer Peel, bigfella2, BeEP and 1 other like this

'A POUND-SHOP JAY LENO' 

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"Full luxury cream leather with walnut fascists"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"

"I had no doubt it would pass, but unbelievably, to mine and the MoT tester's amazement, it passed"

#6 OFFLINE   alcyonecorporation

alcyonecorporation

SUPER TIMOR

• Full Members
  • 2,487 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationBlomby Car JAMMA board

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:21 AM

Seconded from bol, your MoT station are confused about the new rules.
  • Lacquer Peel likes this

Never give up

Burgess anything is shit, I have their engraver c1965, free, it will end up in the trash before long. Get an Earlex Jo, good bit of kit.

#7 OFFLINE   matty879

matty879

• Full Members
  • 455 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Locationstoke on trent

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:44 AM

shove a load of veg in it,should fly emmisions then,has worked for me many times

• davehedgehog31 likes this

#8 OFFLINE   castros_bro

castros_bro

• Full Members
  • 2,231 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • Locationen route

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:20 PM

Sorry to be mis-leading but it may not have been the eyeball visible smoke but the machine read smoke, anyway they aborted the test as there was too much particulate action going on.  The other strange thing was bouncing along the road with no rear suspension on one side is not an MOT fail just an advisorie .  Offside Rear suspension seized solid no up and down movment at all...

Test procedure – vehicles manufactured in or after 1980

Vehicles manufactured in or after 1980 must be tested for exhaust smoke using an approved diesel smoke meter. Make sure you follow the smoke meter manufacturer's instructions.

When testing automatic transmission, you might want to check the vehicle manufacturer's instructions so that you don't overheat the transmission system. Avoid unnecessary engine acceleration or prolonged high revving of the engine.

Before the test, check the maximum smoke level limit for the vehicle and enter the required details into the diesel smoke meter.

For vehicles first used before 1 July 2008, the smoke limit will be:

• 2.5m-1 for a non-turbocharged engine
  • 3.0m-1 for a turbocharged engine
  • the level specified on the manufacturer's plate if lower

For vehicles first used between 1 July 2008 and 31 December 2013, the smoke limit will be:

• the level specified on the manufacturer's plate if available
  • 1.5m-1

For vehicles first used on or after 1 January 2014, the smoke limit will be:

• the level specified on the manufacturer's plate if available
  • 0.7m-1

Manufacturer's plate means either the VIN plate or a separate plate or sticker, which is likely to be within the engine compartment. The plate or sticker may be marked 24 R followed by a number to indicate the smoke limit (such as 0.24 in the example below). It's usually displayed in a box and often positioned in the bottom right corner of the VIN plate.

image7.png

How to test:

1. Make sure the engine checks are satisfactory.
  2. Make sure the engine temperature is above 80 degrees centigrade or at its normal operating temperature whichever is lower.
  3. Make sure you've removed any oil temperature probes.
  4. Increase the engine speed to around 2,500rpm or half the maximum engine speed – use whichever speed is lower.
  5. Keep the engine at this speed for 30 seconds – this should fully purge the inlet and exhaust system.
  6. Increase the engine speed slowly to maximum engine revolutions (revs) to check that the governor is working properly
  7. Once the engine speed has stabilized or it becomes clear that the governor isn't working, release the pedal and allow the engine to return to idle.
  8. Stop the engine and prompt the meter to do a zero check.
  9. Insert the meter fully and securely in line with the gas flow.
  10. Restart the engine.
  11. Following the meter prompts, press down the accelerator pedal quickly and continuously so that the engine reaches full fuel position in less than one second.
  12. Hold the engine at full fuel position until a release prompt is given and immediately release the accelerator pedal.
  13. Allow the engine and any turbochargers to return to idle.
  14. After the first acceleration read the smoke level displayed on the meter.
  15. If the smoke level is above the limit for the vehicle, carry out 2 further accelerations.
  16. If the mean smoke level is still above the limit for the vehicle, carry out further accelerations up to a maximum of 6 in total and read the smoke level display on the meter after each acceleration.

The vehicle has passed the opacity test if any of the following happens:

• the first acceleration showed that the smoke level was at or less than the limit for the vehicle
  • the mean smoke level from the first 3 readings was at or less than the limit for the vehicle
  • the mean smoke level from any consecutive 3 readings was at or less than the limit for the vehicle

If the smoke levels from the first acceleration were significantly higher than the limit, you can choose to abort the test.

On vehicles fitted with a diesel particulate filter, also check that no visible smoke is emitted from the exhaust during the metered check.

#9 OFFLINE   worldofceri

worldofceri

Weak Lemon Drink

• Full Members
  • 2,504 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:30 PM

Quite impressed you can get four full size spares in the boot and still have space left over for a medium-sized dead body.

135264.png 797844.png 865455.png
* 1972 VW Beetle 1200 * 2006 Kia Sorento * 1999 Audi A4 1.9 TDI *

#10 OFFLINE   matty879

matty879

• Full Members
  • 455 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Locationstoke on trent

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:23 AM

the shocks seize up on these,also can be a pain to remove,try to disconnect both then check for axle travel.

#11 OFFLINE   sierraman

sierraman

• Full Members
  • 9,789 posts
  • 89 thanks

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:45 AM

I’d love to be a fly on the garage wall when you start quoting all this legislation to the MOT tester.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users