Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

A series of books by Sir Terry Pratchett.

A range of picsies who are 6" tall, wear kilts, ginger hair, fight all the time & are covered in tattoos called the Wee free men exist. They drink anything & sheep liniment is what they tend to call whisky. I can't* think which country they are based on.

I've heard of Terry Pratchett (some of my friends laud him as the world's greatest author) but not his works.

I can barely manage this

post-24583-0-12292100-1547473946_thumb.jpg

Bring sqair bring tunnocks

Nae haggis?

Surely the shopping list from north of the border has to be:

Squair Sossij, Haaagis, Tattie Scones.

Tunnocks for afters.

I miss having a Scottish breakfast fry-up. Used to be the highlight of my journeys up to Edinburgh.

..also, should be able to make 7-9th June. Currently unemployed, so hopefully anything I get, I can identify "holidays already booked" on starting. Only really need the Friday off anyway.

Surely the shopping list from north of the border has to be:

Squair Sossij, Haaagis, Tattie Scones.

Tunnocks for afters.

I miss having a Scottish breakfast fry-up. Used to be the highlight of my journeys up to Edinburgh.

..also, should be able to make 7-9th June. Currently unemployed, so hopefully anything I get, I can identify "holidays already booked" on starting. Only really need the Friday off anyway.

Red pudding & chippie sauce needed for suppers as well.

Jesus wept imagine driving from Mike's chipper to Glasgow to find out you've still got 5 hours to go to get to Birmingham. Then after that realising you've still about another 3 hours to get to Cheriton.

It'd make up for the two hour drive we had last year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What does the big yellow bus do, 8mpg? 1,164 miles at 8 mpg with diesel at £1.25 a litre - I make it £825.

If the entire SVM ride along and split the costs it's a bargain*

What does the big yellow bus do, 8mpg?  1,164 miles at 8 mpg with diesel at £1.25 a litre - I make it £825.

True, but if all the seats were filled (how many does it have?? I'm guessing 80) that would be a tenner each for that journey.. a bargain (and you can immediately see how Megabus make their money)

Or 0.88 pence per passenger mile. A term beloved of aircraft manufacturers to make the fucking enormous fuel burn of their aircraft look a lot less obscene as it's split across every one of the hundreds and hundreds of seats fitted.

• 3 weeks later...

The CX wagon was a pretty comfortable place to sleep at SF16.  Unfortunately I don't currently have anything on the fleet that spacious apart from the LDV, and the extra fuel expenditure which would be required for a 700-mile round trip in that would probably more or less pay for the hotel room anyway.