Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

Accommodation booked, I am staying here honest!

Blimey, that was quick.

Was Crediton Tool Hire shop, recently now a bikers' (Think of older professionals not biker gang) cafe cum b&b,Probably a lot better than it looks, next door to reputable car sales. I'll enquire about it, nothing untoward reported so far. Opposite Crediton Parish Church built in red stone, not Devon red sandstone as many think but a local volcanic rock. Wetherspoons about 400m up the road. Crediton can have an interesting* night life.

I drove past 6cylinder's chosen habitation about 10 this morning; it does look a lot smarter than his first picture; the door to the left was open and full of motorbikes, and there was a non biker heading for the entrance.  I'll go and try out the cafe soon'ish.   About 5 miles from SF19.

"Crittol Windows" - good job it's June not January, but you will still get the full benefit of road noise on the A377

In a similiar (read exactly) situation to SF18, SF19 does not fall on my long weekend or my annual leave but there appears to be a vacancy in the holiday block that can manage it. I shall give crew plan a phone / email at some point this week to enquire.

He still goes on about chasing rabbits in the avensis. I don't trust him driving a manual. Yes I was also having kittens. Not so much about hitting any hay bale but I was rather concerned about me six cylinders car parked up!

It'd have been fine* the structural plastic bull bar would have negated any impacts.

I was just looking at the most stupid route I could take to this from Aberdeen.

I came up with this:

- Drive from Aberdeen to Cairnryan

- Get ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast

- Drive from Belfast to Dublin

- Get ferry from Dublin to Cherbourg

- Get ferry from Cherbourg to Bournemouth

- Drive from Bournemouth to Exeter

Perfectly* logical* :D

The only suggestion to improve* Supernaut's choice of route, that I can think of would be to include the sale and purchase of different vehicles for the stages of the route. Sell Scottish car in Ireland, buy Irish car to sell in France, buy French car to sell in England and then do the same on the way home.

I might book myself into some accommodation this year.  Unless I bring the LDV I probably won't have anything big enough to kip in comfortably, and I think my days of sleeping* in a tent are numbered.  I have friends in Honiton who could probably put me up for the weekend, but that's still a bit of a trek.