MG ADO16

VWPowered

How rusty-subframe/mounts/floors/bulkhead/trumpets under front wings?Can you easily get a powerplant over there for it? Sounds like possible hassle to me :(

Engine probably in a Mini long since. Still worth the money if not too rotten.I could be wrong but I think the MG versions were 1275cc twin carb only though a lump shouldn't be too hard to find, at least without carbs.You could see about £550+ for that if half decent but that's assuming eBay UK or Practical Classics forum. Imagine MG versions super rare these days.

Well that's a Mark 1 MG1100 so it would have been a 55 bhp 1098 motor with twin SU's and close ratio box.Someone somewhere will have a 1275 Metro engine. You will need this plus the gearlinkage, a pair of 1100/1300 engine mounts (a clutch cover would be best as well as the alloy mounting/long studs that fits on the radiator end of the box and a pair of late 1300 driveshafts that have the pot joints. Is there a radiator with it?If it's not rusty, it would make a very pleasant little tram to smoke around in.