Citroen... Just had new starter motor and now serviced!

chrisjvm

I can't tell you how much I want this but I'm so fucking skint just now its painfull. The z4 is sitting with no mot as I save up to get the parts,

I hope you get it back OTR soon...

I've already got a floppy top,The ex Dave Tetleysmooth Saab,sitting o/s doing nothing.

I'd bloody love this, but no space and it would be difficult to justify the expense just now.

The OMG tax band is the nail in the coffin for my thinking about it really.  I don't mind paying a decent price for a nice car, but I disagree on principle with getting robbed...and to my mind that's what the highest tax bracket amounts to.

Real shame as it's a gorgeous looking car, debatably I know but I think it's fair to say the last "real" Citroen...and I'd really like to own one.

Granted...not quite so sure I'd like to *work* on one!

Edit: just putting it out there, as a self confessed Citroen nut (I'm crazy enough to own an Activa...), I'm more than happy to help with delivering this fine steed to anywhere in the country.  Feel that a proper shot of one of these is something I really need to do at some point.

... It's entirely possible it would spontaneously find itself valeted en route too.

Thanks for the kind offer sir ...

I agree about the VED...

Though I think the cost is offset by the initial purchase price,bearing in mind the next tax bracket down from this one for similar or pre March 2006 vehicles is £315 so in real terms you're paying an extra £200 odd a year to drive this fine vehicle...

Though I appreciate a lot of shitters have multiple vehicles to tax every year.

Oh and having once owned an Activa, I'm obviously barking!

so in real terms you're paying an extra 3 tanks of diesel a year to drive this fine vehicle...

EFA.

I refuse to get mad about it. Yes, it's a bit of a bitch. But nobody should deny themselves such a lovely car over a negligable amount of money.

That said - if you're put off the extra 'entry fee', you're never gonna be able to stomach the bar prices.

I keep coming back to this thread.

I'm another (currently) penniless dreamer as I'm off on a jolly on Thursday, as such I can't really be spending my money on cars until I get back and get Christmas all sorted, but I've got a list of stuff I fancy as a daily smoker and mile muncher, and I'd not really considered one of these, but had been looking at stuff like 407s with the 2.7HDI fitted.

My wants are automatic gearbox, because I spend a lot of time sitting in traffic and going up and down dual carriage ways these days, diesel because I'm not paying to fuel a petrol car with a good enough engine to suit an automatic gearbox, and comfort, as I'm getting older, and as I get older, I want to drive less like a mad man and more arrive un-stressed and feeling fresh.

As such, a German car is probably off the cards, because modern BMW's and VW's ride like absolute arse.  Modern Mercs I've heard are a bit of a horror show, so that leaves the French, or a diesel Jaguar.

And all the best of those, seem to have a v6 diesel.

Damn it.

I keep coming back to this thread.

I'm another (currently) penniless dreamer as I'm off on a jolly on Thursday, as such I can't really be spending my money on cars until I get back and get Christmas all sorted, but I've got a list of stuff I fancy as a daily smoker and mile muncher, and I'd not really considered one of these, but had been looking at stuff like 407s with the 2.7HDI fitted.

My wants are automatic gearbox, because I spend a lot of time sitting in traffic and going up and down dual carriage ways these days, diesel because I'm not paying to fuel a petrol car with a good enough engine to suit an automatic gearbox, and comfort, as I'm getting older, and as I get older, I want to drive less like a mad man and more arrive un-stressed and feeling fresh.

As such, a German car is probably off the cards, because modern BMW's and VW's ride like absolute arse.  Modern Mercs I've heard are a bit of a horror show, so that leaves the French, or a diesel Jaguar.

And all the best of those, seem to have a v6 diesel.

Damn it.

Enjoy your jolly ...

Hopefully you won't need a brolly

Try not to spend too much lolly

So you'll be able to buy a 2.7 by golly

(Groan... So sorry,please excuse my folly)