Rover 45 saloon - £200

Wilko220

Who wants to drive around looking like Dollywobbler but while enjoying better fuel economy...?

Well I've got the very thing for you.

Rover 45 Club saloon

X-reg

1800cc with CVT

56,000ish miles

Good points:

- used to be owned by Autoshite legend Purplebargeken

- has been garaged most of its life, I believe.

- Bodywork and interior in good condition for age (mainly - see below)

- new(ish) radiator

- very reliable and a joy to drive. Accelerates fast and cruises comfortably and quietly on the motorway

- loads of service history, bills, etc.

- CVT

Bad points:

- MOT has expired. It passed with no advisories last time but the exhaust is now blowing so I expect that will need to be sorted

- Tyres are showing their age

- Some clumsy woman drove into the front corner while trying to park her ridiculous "utility vehicle". It's been repaired to make it all fine for an MOT, but it's a bit of a bodge

- Battery doesn't hold charge for more than about a day after being fully charged

- CVT

With not a great deal of work, this could be a really nice car. It's served me well. I bought it on AS so am offering it here first.

£200

Located in St Albans, Herts - close to M1, A1, and M25.

post-4829-0-48680800-1540663737_thumb.jpg

post-4829-0-10997200-1540663752_thumb.jpg

post-4829-0-98944600-1540663770_thumb.jpg

post-4829-0-37903600-1540663790_thumb.jpg

post-4829-0-51563400-1540663818_thumb.jpg

I get the impression it's a bit of a Marmite thing, but I think it's great once you get used to it (although I guess, given that I'm trying to flog one, I would say that wouldn't I...)

Best I can describe it is a little bit like driving a go-kart - or (I imagine cos I've never driven one) an electric car.

I get the impression it's a bit of a Marmite thing, but I think it's great once you get used to it (although I guess, given that I'm trying to flog one, I would say that wouldn't I...)

Best I can describe it is a little bit like driving a go-kart - or (I imagine cos I've never driven one) an electric car.

Aren't these a bit stepped to give false ratios or is that only in manual mode? I don't know much about them either but equally curious. Driving one back to back with mine would be interesting!

Aren't these a bit stepped to give false ratios or is that only in manual mode? 

Yes, they are a bit - but still quite a different experience to driving a standard automatic.

Manual mode is fun!

I don't know much about them either but equally curious. Driving one back to back with mine would be interesting!

You know you want to...  :-D

I don’t know if it’s the same as the bubble 25 CVT box but my pal had one with either a 1.6 or 1.8 kettle, and it was really quick.

same cvt as mgf innit?

As I understand it, it's the same CVT set-up in the 25, 45, ZR, ZS and TF.

And yes, it does go some when you put your foot down.

• 2 weeks later...