Mercedes CL55AMG - would you?

Lanciaman

Got a mate who has offered me his 2001 Merc cl55 amg. Non supercharged so the 354bhp job. It's all sorted with abc suspension done, new air con condenser, good tyres blah blah blah. Full history Inc a repaint by Benz under warranty in 2012. £1000s of receipts. I had a loan of it for 3 months during the summer and nice enough. I can get it for the trade in price. £1508! Things is I know these things are an utter liability and it WILL go fizz at some point and I don't like it enough to spend serious money keeping it going. I have previous with mercs and am not a fan of their componentry. Basic running gear good but electrics are shit.

It'll also be parked outside over winter.

One to enjoy until it goes bang or just ignore?

Cheap yet terrifying.

Suspension plumbing is crap but can be fixed cheaply if you can add a flange to the pipe work or it’ll end up on the floor.

Personally you’ll get a quick £500-800 for the coil packs and the rest back on bits so buy it. Or let me buy it, they’re terrifically fast things and will divest you of many £’sss in tyres and fuel but utterly worth it.

Do it

Yeah it's a bit of a hoot if you give it the beans. Amazingly flat cornering too. 30mpg on a mway cruise. A lot going got it. If someone else paying the bills...

But yeah. Would make a good roffle. Could be the first roffle for utter financial ruin included.

If you dont want it at that price, I would be seriously tempted to buy it myself - as long as it isnt silver.

They can be trouble, but when they are right they are awesome. God knows what it cost new, but its the kind of car we should all own at least once.

It's silver.....

Well. To be confirmed in the morn. Offered when sober but asked for confirmation when not so if still up for it tomorrow then may as well. What could possibly go wrong....

That's the spirit, but whatever you do, don't think about what might go wrong, just enjoy it.

It would probably scrap/break for a reasonable chunk should the worst happen.

I wish I had mates like you.

I'd buy it. Off a mate who I trusted.

Depreciation on a second hand £6k fiesta will be £1000 a year so if it lasts a year and you can sell it for swears and reappears for 500 quid or break it for similar. You are squids in

Man maths is what you need.