60's Raleigh RM9 Ultramatic

purplebargeken

Nifty little RM9 2 stroke in that golden sand colour. Non-runner at the moment but I have new fuel line, new plug, HT lead and plug cap to go with.

Single seat model, looks to be 99.999999% all there but will need a headlamp mounted headlamp switch. Single seat cover has seen better days. Otherwise all decent. I've made in roads regarding cleaning it up but in all honesty I won't get much farther than that. I'll never ride it, I just got it as it looked fun. 

Nifty little flick switch that enables the little 'ped to be pedalled like an ordinary bike. No V5C.

Tyres are round and black, they hold air but no idea as to how old they are. Lots of spares and know how available. Lovely project in all honesty.

I just want back what it owes me, so shitters price is £195.00. Location: Edmonton. 

Photos at the weekend :)

Single variator yes, I think. The rest? I have no idea....

RM9 Ultramatic
  • Introduced April 1964
  • Discontinued September 1969

arc0417e.png

Similar to RM8 but with automatic variable speed transmission.  Fire Red & Pearl Grey.

November 1965 Golden Sand. February 1968 Calypso Coffee & Pearl Grey (offered for a few months only), or Royal Carmine (single colour).  

Okay Ped Pervs, piccies as promised.

There has been a fair bit of interested PM'ing about this, knew I should have doubled the price lol. If multiple people do want it I will do the honourable thing and go by time of PM's, or toss of a coin, whatevs. 

DSCN1780_zpsqx3hodqm.jpg

DSCN1778_zpscfzgasrf.jpg

DSCN1777_zpsxiajl0wz.jpg

DSCN1781_zpsv2itxrdy.jpg

DSCN1782_zpstn17gyb5.jpg

DSCN1783_zpsq2xhkqu4.jpg

DSCN1784_zpsrkc1fiqh.jpg

It's a charming little thing, I bought it on a whim and don't regret it at all actually. 

It was only 10 minutes away from home and it mostly fitted in the i10.

As long as I can cover the purchase price and bits thus far then I'm happy. Folk have been ace to me on here and I'd never take the mickey on price to the folk on this forum. If I had more little peds then I could make all of you happy.

The top 3 contenders are as follows:

1st Wuuvum

2nd Billy Cavcraft

3rd Mr Ultrawomble

I don't have a HBOL, but I have been playing with Mobylettes for 25 years so I like to kid myself that I have a vague idea how they work :? . 

Presumably if it mostly fitted into an i10 it would completely fit into a 75 Tourer?  I know my current Mobylette fitted quite easily into my dad's 240 estate but the Rover isn't quite as capacious as the old Ovlov.