Robinmasters' 1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD VSX

robinmasters

Thanks Mr Hedgehog, getting the overnight bus then this train looks my best* option

Sounds similar to my trip for the Rover, it was OK but would recommend booking a Travel Tavern overnight on the way home.

You'll be very comfy at least. Had it been closer I'd have offered conveyance, but Folkestone is stretching it!

Sounds similar to my trip for the Rover, it was OK but would recommend booking a Travel Tavern overnight on the way home.

You'll be very comfy at least. Had it been closer I'd have offered conveyance, but Folkestone is stretching it!

Thanks mate. I picked up a car in Essex a few years ago using the Megabus sleeper but that's no longer on the go. My mum lives in Lincolnshire could possibly stop over there, will see how it goes...

whats the old rhyme? 30 days hath september, april june and november.... all the rest have 31 except January which has 96.

Id love to make an insulting offer on this but Im just about as far away as you and Folkestone looks a proper sod to get to.

That said, if id won Id have made it happen! even if it costs you a couple of hundred there and back its still a super cheap car and the trip gives you stories to tell

I’d be happy to oblige a stint from Leeds towards Durham, subject to dates or bus fare home.

Last Xantia I drove lost 5th on the motorway, then seized in fourth. Gently* persuading it out of gear on the hard shoulder in the hope I could do Northampton to Staines in third resulted in a loud pop/clonk noise and a very floppy shifter.

Still, what are the chances it would happen again?

Sorry for being a dropout but this car has found a new owner, a Citroen nut who will give it better care than I ever could. I'm sure he will unveil himself soon enough. I will use the money raised to get my poorly 740 back on the road, it's been too long! Thanks for the positive messages and offers of shifting it closer to me!

I picked up a Yamaha Thundercat from Helensborough. Bus to Stansted then £39 flight to Glasgow. Met by Madmopedracer who drove me to his house. Half an hour later I was riding back south in lovely sunshine. 

Home seven hours later (I took the more interesting route home). A grand day out.

I picked up a Yamaha Thundercat from Helensborough. Bus to Stansted then £39 flight to Glasgow. Met by Madmopedracer who drove me to his house. Half an hour later I was riding back south in lovely sunshine.

Home seven hours later (I took the more interesting route home). A grand day out.

Nice journey, I did train to Euston, trans and surface to some south place and then rode 130k mile cbf600 home in November. Rained all the way home, stopped every hour for a cry