Robinmasters' 1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD VSX

robinmasters

I should have done this in the first place.

Who wants a slightly ropey (but RAER $$$) Xantia just before Christmas? A winner, that's who. A ROFFLE winner.

£600 a little too salty to get past the missus, when the wee bairns are going without their x-box games etc? How about a mere £10 for this rare and valuable car? Or, if you're feeling flush, £15?

As a reminder, this car is fitted with the magical hydractive suspension which does many clever things meaning you can wipe the floor with angry A4 man round the bendy bits, but without spilling your vin rouge, or having a sore back when you arrive at the patisserie? (Which auto-corrected to prostitute; your choice)

MOT until March, with, obvs, gyh tax.

Comes with new clutch cable, clutch clip, and Haynes BOL. I have replaced the broken rear light cluster.

It's also green; very green. Have you seen the interior?

Other features? Electric windows/mirrors/sunroof. Rear sun blind.

As per forum etiquette, regional delicacies will be made available to the buyer. Gypsy tart, or a bit of fish, dependent on preferences/diabetic status.

TLDR: £10 a ticket, £15 for two.

I had a xantia once, a 1.8 pez as stopgap bought from my nearst car dealer for a grand in a hurry. I only bought it as I mistakenly thought the steering wheel audio buttons were cruise control and I did a lot of miles.

It tried to kill me by destroying the gearbox on the motorway after three months (and admittedly 6,000 miles) of service.

I long for a car where I can ramp up the suspension and dangle my leg out the back without touching the floor.

2 randoms, monsieur!

I want it so badly, but I really really can't. Sodding arseholes.

An early dizzler Xantia Hydractive for a tenner, with known minor problems fairly described - who can resist falling for it, hook line and "sinker"?

I've got the same feeling: really feel I should take pot luck and buy a ticket, but tempered by the knowledge that - once the CX comes back - I've got nowhere to keep it in the unlikely event that my number "wins". My street has several two/three-car households on it (one of them has four!) and parking really is at a premium here.

We have two parking spaces - if my wife didn't have a company car, we'd use my C-class as a daily and I'd rotate various interesting chod through the other bay. I *could* keep it on the road but parking is pretty tight here and I wouldn't want to annoy my neighbours too much.

Which is a pain because I keep seeing stuff I like on here :( I've risked a few roffles but got scared since I won the bass guitar.

Sorry for the waffle, consider it a free bump.