1999 Audi A4 SE 1.9 TDi - £395

DavidB

1999 Audi A4 TDi 'SE'
Little bit tatty, with a few scrapes on bumper corners, etc, but looks reasonable.
MOT until July next year
I think it's the 90bhp model
HID Xenons, original radio, front/rear windows, heated electric mirrors, tyres have loads of tread (including spare alloy wheel), aircon/climate control.
Replaced the speedo LCD screen - need to replace the central locking pump in the boot.
Typical VW/Audi build quality with the odd knock, rattle, etc from nearly 20 year old fittings.
Very recent cam belt and water pump change (this year), and I'm changing the oil filter/oil/thermostat and coolant temperature gauge sensor tomorrow.
Doesn't smoke at all under acceleration, etc.

VEGETABLE OIL FRIENDLY.

I'm getting 65mpg average from it.
"Taxed to get you home".
£450, located near Chester (can meet at a train station).
Just washed and photos:

43704351670_a0aaf17d24_b.jpg

45521321721_a7a04b2eb5_b.jpg

43704360170_249d39cd96_b.jpg

Interior:

45521313781_7a3302a07a_b.jpg

45521315711_4c0a15d058_b.jpg

43704349290_49cc003de6_b.jpg

45470400912_26b53cff7b_b.jpg

43704355350_5ee97ef677_b.jpg

MOT History:

https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/FreeCheck?regno=t223pdd

A guy I work with has had one of these for about 6 years. It's done 200k+, about 90k of that in his stewardship with absolute minimal maintenance. It's had oil changes, two drop links, some tyres and brakes in that time. 

It's got a few clunks like you've mentioned on yours, but it never fails him.

I owned a T plate Avant version of this a few years back. Although most on here hate the things (although this thread shows a few may finally be warming to them?) they're great cars. Ridiculously solid, galvanised bodywork, bombproof engine (I think the 90 is the decent old AFN lump) and now very cheap. 

The only downside to my old one was that my fiancee hated it, as it made her 'feel seasick'. 

I ignored her screams for quite some time, and used it as a 50mpg van/greyhoundwagon. 

GIB. 

I owned a T plate Avant version of this a few years back. Although most on here hate the things (although this thread shows a few may finally be warming to them?) they're great cars. Ridiculously solid, galvanised bodywork, bombproof engine (I think the 90 is the decent old AFN lump) and now very cheap.

The only downside to my old one was that my fiancee hated it, as it made her 'feel seasick'.

I ignored her screams for quite some time, and used it as a 50mpg van/greyhoundwagon.

GIB.

I think most on here hate new “cunt” Audis

(Sorry SiC)

According to sierraman this cannot possibly exist, so I refuse to believe that it does until the next time I rock up at jim Bell's house.

Are you still on the fucking ‘biff and chip’ books? :)

I quote ‘£500 buys you MOSTLY rubbish...’

‘Buy something on here, it’s likely to have been described accurately’

This isn’t rubbish. If it was on Bumtree it would be £1500 or some outlandish figure.

If you can get on with VAG, this will be an ideal workhorse. The comfort* is not to everyone's taste, nor is the rear headroom, which is suited only to children and early adolescents. But it'll be a bombproof commuter if you want it to be.

I have first hand experience of the B5 A4 (and yes they come in FWD and 4WD, but not RWD unless you start removing driveshafts). Ours was an early 2.6 V6 quattro. There's nothing wrong with them functionally, but they don't do much more than be a car. The diesels seem to be vaguely appreciated on here - if it was an 80 diesel (they're barely different styling aside) I bet it'd already be sold.