Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

1990 Peugeot 205 XLD

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Microwave

Microwave

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

Right, trying again. I need to downsize the fleet a little bit because of both money and space issues, and unfortunately this is going to be the one to go. As per the "Project" thread, I pulled this thing out of a builders yard in February, saving it from almost certain death. I bought it in the first place because I knew that underneath all the grime there was actually a solid car. Between February and June, it had all sorts done to it, including but not limited to (because I can't remember properly):

- Engine oil & filter

- 4 brand new Toyo Nanoenergy tyres

- Welding to boot floor, rear footwell (I think?) and nearside sill

- Timing belt & water pump

- Cherrybomb rear silencer, because I couldn't find a proper one for cheap

- Usual stuff like wipers and bulbs

- MOT (exp. 13/06/2019)

I drove it about for most of last month and put about 700 miles on it with 0 hiccups, but it started running like a bag of shite towards the end, getting air in the fuel (presumably from around the filter housing). Naturally, rather than fix this pretty simple issue, I went out and bought another car and decided that I'd rather devote my time and money to that instead. The odometer reads somewhere around 180,700 miles, but from the way it was running originally I see no reason for it to knacker up anytime soon. It really does drive quite well, it's an incredible amount of fun despite only having 59 hp from new, it's very comfortable and it's stupidly efficient when it works properly.

It looks like a total shed, but for me that's where most of the appeal lies (others, including friends and various family members, do not see this). Because of this, however, it's kind of a hard thing to put a price on. I'm well over a grand into it in total, but I stopped counting a while back as my eyes would start to water every time I looked at the spreadsheet. So, price wise I'd be happy with about £450 for it, however if I'm dreaming do feel free to tell me. You could most likely drive it home, but I wouldn't be doing so without an AA membership or just massive nads in general, as it's got no dash lights and the headlights are dim as hell. It's located near Preston, Lancashire.

Have some photos:

6PT5wns.jpg

vtgvCKp.jpg

J2JCqbk.jpg

• ProgRocker, They_all_do_that_sir, Stinkwheel and 4 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   FOAD

FOAD

I am a member!

• Full Members
  • 4,144 posts
  • 14 thanks

Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:28 PM

That looks quite nice. I'm trying to think of a good reason not to buy it but so far haven't come up with anything.

• loserone, Stinkwheel, alcyonecorporation and 1 other like this

#3 OFFLINE   bangernomics

bangernomics

• Full Members
  • 379 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:19 PM

That looks quite nice. I'm trying to think of a good reason not to buy it but so far haven't come up with anything.

Money in my case.

#4 OFFLINE   Microwave

Microwave

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 27 October 2018 - 01:22 PM

Smol bump. 350 anyone?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users