Cycling North After Winter

Bucketeer

I am hi-jacking this thread as I reckon that this is chod spotted in the area.

When I first got here, one of the antique shops had a WW2 Jeep on display in the window. After a couple of years it was replaced by something more French, but about 10 months ago it vanished.

Today I agreed to pick up a "Boite de lettres" for a friend from one of the local shite antique shops and afterwards went for a look around some of the others. At the above mentioned antique shop I spotted the previous star exhibit in a shed at the back of the shop. The shop has changed hands, and the previous owner has moved to bigger premises, but apparently does not want to sell the car. I will have to track him down and see if that is true.

Shite photo, but anyone care to guess what it is?

Peugeot 404 cabrio?

1964-peugeot-404-cabriolet.jpg?anchor=ce

Bloody hell, first damned reply, and even spotted it was a floppy top!

Can't hide anything here (wanders off grumbling to himself)

:-)

I don’t think he has anything better to do- I certainly don’t :-)

dave is captain perv tho :D

Yep.

Well I think so anyway.

This was the last time I was there.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170228_154534248.jpg

And the summer before, with more floor trees.

attachicon.gifIMG_5336.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5342.JPG

The view from my balcony*.

attachicon.gifIMG_5337.JPG

Once you climb the most of the mountain, this is the entrance to my driveway*.

attachicon.gifIMG_5328.JPG

Apologies for anyone (ie: no-one) who remembers these pics from my other spotted/travel thread.

As for the winter conditions there, these are a few pics from the winter I spent living a kilometer or two further down the mountain from my holiday home.

attachicon.gifIMG_6010.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6167.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6199.JPG

-30C at worst and three solid months of no higher than -10C. This explains why this year I was aiming to go somewhere warm for winter.

Man likes a challenge!! I take it that's all that's left of the house, two walls?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Your bike is all wrong mate. You should have built something like this.

zapt3xtazkb21.jpg

There's a fella rides something like that around my area in summer. It must weigh as much as the moon, he can barely manage to get it up even shallow inclines never mind all the steep hills we have around here.

There's a fella rides something like that around my area in summer. It must weigh as much as the moon, he can barely manage to get it up even shallow inclines never mind all the steep hills we have around here.

I think the massive e-bike hub motor on the front wheel helps that one along a lot.

As it happens, I'm in the process of collecting bits of metal and whatnot in preparation for going all A-Team/Scrapheap Challenge on the bike.

Actually that sounds a bit grand, I am just planning to make some sort of front pannier rack arrangement or something similar to increase the carrying capacity of my horse.

The reason for this is slightly embarrassing - The morning I had to jump on a train to get to my rendezvous with Saabnut I was very thorough in my preparation. I knew that I would struggle to get the bike along with the trailer on the train and then across platforms when I had to transfer, due to the cumbersomeness of the whole rig. With this in mind I packed everything from the trailer into both my ruckscks, which I wore, and cable tied everything else to the bike. I then took the wheels off the trailer, folded it flat, and taped it all up to make it easy to carry about. When the train arrived, I manhandled the bike and rucksacks on board before returning to the platform to collect the trailer. Unfortunately before I had chance to do this the doors closed and the train departed with me, bike and luggage on board but the trailer languishing lonely on the platform. I have to admit my very first thought was to get my camera out to take a picture of the trailer through the window as it waved the train goodbye with a tear in it's eye. But I was too slow for that as well.

So yeah, I don't have a trailer anymore.