FREE!!!!!

nigel bickle

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/fiat/DSCN0622.jpg

Posted Image

31,000 miles (all MOT's to prove) -2 owners, unused since 2005. They fitted a new exhaust and battery -then laid it up.

Mine for nowt...

Towed it home

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/fiat/DSCN0625.jpg

this afternoon from Hitchin, Herts -put a replacement (charged) battery on it and it started 2nd turn. Even got 5 gallons in it!

Immaculate all round -spotless interior, no sign of any grot.

Must be my lucky day!

Now -what am I going to do with it?

Jammy! There’s a free 104ZL on R-R, bit far North though to be economically viable for you?BTW, why does the green one have round door handles? Replacements off an older car, or some interim thing before rectangular ones like the silver one? Is the green one the Strada that got its windows broken?

SL -yes it is! T'was my Dads spare car -didnt want to scrap it 'whilst he's still here'. So I put it on the road and use it as a 'goofer' and dog transport. Made him smile -so I'm probably still in the will.Most had round door handles -this is the 1st I've had with square- which I think was the Seat version -presumably run out?Its only a 70cl -1300 -and a lower interior spec than the green one -but MUCH better nick..

He'd inherited it from an Auntie -just not his cup of tea -modern Audi's his forte.Reinforced by the need for an MOT (£50- every year!), new battery, new exhaust, tyre -oh its sooo expensive to run 'old' cars.'Yes' I said -as I quickly hitched it up.Now running a dream, oils clean, cant find anything needs doing (perhaps a wash/[polish). Illicit run around after dark toninght (checking light alignment, sticking brakes etc) then off for a ticket.Oh -I found all its service history in the glove box, so together with all the MOT's -proves 32,000 genuine miles.Lovely!!

That is a great score isnt it.My dad's lancia Beta saloon was a freebie, gained by stumbling into a forum at the right moment.There is also a free Peugeot 104 currently on R-R, folk are literally falling over themselves to find excuses for not taking it on (too busy) etc.Free cars FTW!

He'd inherited it from an Auntie -just not his cup of tea -modern Audi's his forte.Reinforced by the need for an MOT (£50- every year!), new battery, new exhaust, tyre -oh its sooo expensive to run 'old' cars.

But of course we all know new cars with their miniscule depreciation, low finance payments and cheap main dealer parts and labour costs can be run on a pittence..... :roll:

Pog, are you going for that 104? I'm seriously tempted but I wouldn't be able to go after it till after Chrimbo. Wish I'd seen it when it was on the Bay - looks like it was just down the road from me back then, and went for next to nowt - it'd cost more to drag it back from Leeds than what it sold for.

He'd inherited it from an Auntie -just not his cup of tea -modern Audi's his forte.Reinforced by the need for an MOT (£50- every year!), new battery, new exhaust, tyre -oh its sooo expensive to run 'old' cars.

This morning I shelled out 85 pence short of a grand having the turbo & associated paraphernalia replaced on a modernish Audi. Meanwhile the 21 year old Vauxhall just needs spot of paint tidying & runs perfectly. Old cars are expensive to run are they? Unless he’s comparing an A4 to a Montreal I’d say that was bo*****s.Still, his misguided preference appears to have netted you another nice freebie, nice work!