Saab 9-5 Aero auto estate. Full MoT. Just serviced. Price drop £550!

SierraMikeHotel

I spent the second winter of my driving career in one of these.  Saloon 250bhp with a manual box.  It was, without a doubt, the best "use then throwaway" car I've ever had.  The seats are so comfy, the climate and heated seats are first class and it just generally loved every minute of a hard life in the frost and snow.  I'm visiting folks in the Midlands for Bonfire week and need a ride home.  Will be watching with great interest 

Unfortunately my Roffle prediction came true, so I’m back to this...

I’m up in Leicester so it would have to be a blind purchase, the reason I’m a bit wary of the exhaust is because I already have a daily driver that’s in desperate need of an incredibly expensive unobtanium (except from main dealers) exhaust system and don’t want another exhaust nightmare hanging over me. But if it doesn’t sound like a shed then I can probably overlook it and rid myself before 03/11/2019

I am really after a powerful tow car to take my caravan to various festivals next year, and I’m not gonna lie I’m kinda seduced by the 275bhp, plus my bro-in-law is a Saab pervert and totally rates his 9-5 as a tow car, albeit a dirty diesel. Let me get an insurance quote tomorrow, if someone takes it in the meantime, and frankly they ought to, then it wasn’t meant to be.

Not that it matters but was this a HOT version to begin with or just been tuned to that?

I almost don't want to say this because it might sabotage the sale, but you lot aren't stupid - this is never going to be an economical car.

It's averaged about 25mpg in the time I've had it.  I'm certainly no speed demon and my wife is an extremely competent and economical driver, however due to family circumstances at the moment it's spent quite a lot of time in London sitting in traffic.  If I wasn't going to London all the time I'd hope to hit 29 - that's what it did on the run to Ostend.

post-24362-0-71068800-1540485670_thumb.png

A couple of people have expressed an interest now so I'll wait to hear from them, and if they pull out this will go to ROFFLE!

• 3 weeks later...