A very french Phase 2 106 - 1.1L of fury - SOLD

SmokinWaffle

If i bung £30 your way could you send it for an MOT? Had a few 106s and rusty boot floors are a known prob.

??

No - not insured. Just looked at the boot floor and it's a lovely clean white, little damp on the carpet on one side but no rust that I can see

It's £150 - just book it for an MOT and drive it there..

From Medway and used Halfords Strood for MOTs at £30 a time. I'm oot.

GLWTS

Not sure what your point is?

I can get an MOT for £30, but who's gonna pay to insure it for the day, or re-tax it now it's SORN, or the half day I have to take off of work to do it...

Its £150 car - I put it on this forum to avoid doing stuff like that

No need to fall out about it lads- as far as I can see the tax and insurance status of the car has not so far been disclosed, and if it had been road legal CB's offer to pay for a speculative MOT is not, IMO, an unreasonable one.

Sorry if I appeared a bit short, just had no end of stupid offers and bastards on Facebook playing silly wankers, wanting me to deliver it, MOT it, asking me shit I've already written -  I'm half tempted just to siphon out what is left in the tank, pour it inside and torch the thing

SbWOk9a.png

After that he left the group and blocked me - and that isn't even the worst. Had a guy offer me £50 then get angry at me when I told him I can scrap it for £120

Apologies @castros_bro - selling this car has been shite in all the worst of ways

I can still come and pick it up tomorrow if the potential buyer you've got lined up tonight mucks you about. Hopefully he won't.

By the sounds of it you've been a bit trigger happy with the SORN though? Still showing as taxed on the gov check site BTW. If you've not SORNed it yet, don't, you only get a refund for whole months anyway...

I can still come and pick it up tomorrow if the potential buyer you've got lined up tonight mucks you about. Hopefully he won't.

By the sounds of it you've been a bit trigger happy with the SORN though? Still showing as taxed on the gov check site BTW. If you've not SORNed it yet, don't, you only get a refund for whole months anyway...

Alright - I'll keep that in mind and PM you later if he doesn't show - cheers

I've got a fine many years back for having a car that wasn't SORN but was insured, and I just wanted to do it to cover myself as taxed but uninsured is surely a recipe for the DVLA to shaft me somehow. I paid monthly so no big deal money wise.

Yeah fair enough, you have to sorn them eventually, but it took the DVLA several months to get onto me last time I cancelled my insurance without sorning the car, and they only sent me a threatening letter at first. You can get away with a few days no bother at all.

Anyway fingers crossed your man comes through, I'll be watching nervously for PMs throughout the evening lol  :-P

Right, it appears that I am the buyer of last resort, so currently formulating plans to collect this tomorrow. I've just emailed my insurer to get it added to my policy.

My plan is to go through the list of faults in reverse order of the expense to rectify them, so I think I'll start by removing the NS door card and applying some gentle persuasion* to the panel behind. But I'm only doing this because I love 106s and it makes me sad seeing them on Copart lorries, not because I have any intention of keeping it, so if the various other people who expressed an interest could start getting their ducks in a row that would be great, cheers  :-P

To reciprocate, TOP SELLA WUD BY AGEN. Nice meeting you mate :) .

Anyway having driven this car home I can safely say that it is a long way from being ready to go over the bridge. I have to say that I think you might have stitched yourself up by underselling it, it really is much better than you made it sound. I will start a new for sale thread in a bit, just so I have editing rights over the thread title.

Edit: new thread here:

http://autoshite.com/topic/33462-peugeot-106-phase-2-11l-zest-same-car-new-vendor-%C2%A3125/