Although this isn't for sale right now it will be hopefully in the next few weeks when I get another car - so I thought I'd put it up to gain some interest as I won't be able to store it anywhere long when I get another. Brace yourself. Don't lynch me too hard for it not actually being available yet. If this isn't allowed just tell me.
Lets start with the good stuff:
- MOT until December 20th
- Blue Tartan interior
- New clutch last month, less than 500 miles ago
- Runs, drives, stops
- Quite nippy - almost boy racery
- The best car I've ever had on fuel by far. 60MPG+ on a trip to the Lake District.
- Decent stereo with AUX and pretty colours
- Horn is very loud. Almost abnormally so.
- Really good for loading stuff in - has the spare wheel underneath so plenty of scope for bungee cords
- Stacks of history. Loads. Previous owner kept lots of stuff including proof of a cambelt change not hugely long ago - can't remember exactly
- Never let me down or failed to start
- Poverty spec, manual everything, no PAS or central locking
- HRW works
- Tracks straight
- 4000 miles or so until the next service according to the fancy light - oil is clean as a whistle
- 4 good tyres
Not so good stuff (inhale):
- Blue tartan interior
- Oil leak from the engine but never seems to lose any oil. Driveshaft used to squeal a bit but after the clutch was done it didn't - my mechanic had to take off the driveshafts to do it so he put new oil in - guess that solved it
- My partner caught it on the side of the garage getting it in so there is a nice big dent on the passenger side, and scrapes along that side. Wing mirror on that side is now mostly useless and likes to flop about as it pleases. Windows goes 3/4 down, then you hear the door pop out and it goes the rest of the way. Trim has come off and was chucked.
- Boot leaks - I think - the seal was all fucky so I superglued it back on and it seemed to stop but still gets a bit damp in heavy rain I think
- Leaks somewhere else, my passenger footwell has been a bit damp the past few days - and the car smells like damp. Pretty gross. No idea what it is. Starting to think it might just be the boot not drying out but I have a shedload of Hillman parts in it at the moment and can't be arsed to take them out - if I have the rear seats flat for moving stuff water seems to pool under the seats on the floor
- Needs new front disks and or pads. Not looked, but the pedal is a bit low. Drove my friends C1 the other day and thought he had F1 Ceramic brakes.
- Various marks - small dent in the bootlid, weird crease on one of the front wings
- Trim has started to come off on the drivers door
- Belts can be a bit noisy when it starts but soon fades
- Idle has always been uneven, seems to hunt a little up and down (800 - 1000) but it's stable. Almost like it's breathing. When its hot after a long drive it can sometimes drop to 500RPM or so, occasionally springs back to 2k then does it again. Doesn't actually stall.
- Rear box is rusty, blowing and the exhaust rattles between 2 - 3k. Think of it as an audible shift light
- Blower fan doesn't work. Still has hot and cold but it just drifts out of the vents with speed. Not bothered me as I do a lot on the motorway and wear a jacket when I don't. Fuse relating to this was found melted in the fuse box, and the fuse box is scorched around it. I assume it's the resistor pack, which is attached to the blower fan and is about £30 on eBay and not too hard to fit. Very french indeed.
- Rear wiper is just a display piece at this point. No meat on it, smears everywhere.
- Front wipers could probably do with a change soon if you're fussy
- Has some rust on the right hand side of the engine bay. Poked it and it was crunchy.
- Speakers are blown and don't sound great on bass notes. Went to replace them but they are riveted in(???)
I've become weirdly attached to it so don't really wanna see it scrapped, got it after my K11 gearbox blew up as I needed a car to goto the Lake District in 3 days time. Bought the first semi-decent one I could find with MOT. Did it without fault. Hauled desks, fridge freezers and all sorts in it with a lot of bungee cords. Real trooper.
Can scrap it for £110, might do someone a turn so lets say £150 so I can get some of my money back? Although I fear thats a bit high now I read that bad points list.
If someone had the time or willing to hunt the leak and fix the idle it'd be a nice first car for someone. Or just use it for 2 months and bridge it. Was gonna give it to my partner but that extra 100CC makes the insurance 5x as much of course.
Again - not available yet but hopefully soon. Car is in Medway in Kent.