A very french Phase 2 106 - 1.1L of fury - SOLD

SmokinWaffle

Hello!

Although this isn't for sale right now it will be hopefully in the next few weeks when I get another car - so I thought I'd put it up to gain some interest as I won't be able to store it anywhere long when I get another. Brace yourself. Don't lynch me too hard for it not actually being available yet. If this isn't allowed just tell me.

Lets start with the good stuff:

• MOT until December 20th 
  • Blue Tartan interior
  • New clutch last month, less than 500 miles ago
  • Runs, drives, stops
  • Quite nippy - almost boy racery
  • The best car I've ever had on fuel by far. 60MPG+ on a trip to the Lake District.
  • Decent stereo with AUX and pretty colours
  • Horn is very loud. Almost abnormally so.
  • Really good for loading stuff in - has the spare wheel underneath so plenty of scope for bungee cords
  • Stacks of history. Loads. Previous owner kept lots of stuff including proof of a cambelt change not hugely long ago - can't remember exactly
  • Never let me down or failed to start
  • Poverty spec, manual everything, no PAS or central locking
  • HRW works
  • Tracks straight
  • 4000 miles or so until the next service according to the fancy light - oil is clean as a whistle
  • 4 good tyres

Not so good stuff (inhale):

• Blue tartan interior
  • Oil leak from the engine but never seems to lose any oil. Driveshaft used to squeal a bit but after the clutch was done it didn't - my mechanic had to take off the driveshafts to do it so he put new oil in - guess that solved it
  • My partner caught it on the side of the garage getting it in so there is a nice big dent on the passenger side, and scrapes along that side. Wing mirror on that side is now mostly useless and likes to flop about as it pleases. Windows goes 3/4 down, then you hear the door pop out and it goes the rest of the way. Trim has come off and was chucked.
  • Boot leaks - I think - the seal was all fucky so I superglued it back on and it seemed to stop but still gets a bit damp in heavy rain I think
  • Leaks somewhere else, my passenger footwell has been a bit damp the past few days - and the car smells like damp. Pretty gross. No idea what it is. Starting to think it might just be the boot not drying out but I have a shedload of Hillman parts in it at the moment and can't be arsed to take them out - if I have the rear seats flat for moving stuff water seems to pool under the seats on the floor
  • Needs new front disks and or pads. Not looked, but the pedal is a bit low. Drove my friends C1 the other day and thought he had F1 Ceramic brakes.
  • Various marks - small dent in the bootlid, weird crease on one of the front wings
  • Trim has started to come off on the drivers door
  • Belts can be a bit noisy when it starts but soon fades
  • Idle has always been uneven, seems to hunt a little up and down (800 - 1000) but it's stable. Almost like it's breathing. When its hot after a long drive it can sometimes drop to 500RPM or so, occasionally springs back to 2k then does it again. Doesn't actually stall.
  • Rear box is rusty, blowing and the exhaust rattles between 2 - 3k. Think of it as an audible shift light
  • Blower fan doesn't work. Still has hot and cold but it just drifts out of the vents with speed. Not bothered me as I do a lot on the motorway and wear a jacket when I don't. Fuse relating to this was found melted in the fuse box, and the fuse box is scorched around it. I assume it's the resistor pack, which is attached to the blower fan and is about £30 on eBay and not too hard to fit. Very french indeed.
  • Rear wiper is just a display piece at this point. No meat on it, smears everywhere.
  • Front wipers could probably do with a change soon if you're fussy
  • Has some rust on the right hand side of the engine bay. Poked it and it was crunchy.
  • Speakers are blown and don't sound great on bass notes. Went to replace them but they are riveted in(???)

and exhale.

Pics:

yeTg9xS.jpg

dgDztZi.jpg

4tLMs4B.jpg

4ZFdhYV.jpg

I've become weirdly attached to it so don't really wanna see it scrapped, got it after my K11 gearbox blew up as I needed a car to goto the Lake District in 3 days time. Bought the first semi-decent one I could find with MOT. Did it without fault. Hauled desks, fridge freezers and all sorts in it with a lot of bungee cords. Real trooper.

Can scrap it for £110, might do someone a turn so lets say £150 so I can get some of my money back? Although I fear thats a bit high now I read that bad points list.

If someone had the time or willing to hunt the leak and fix the idle it'd be a nice first car for someone. Or just use it for 2 months and bridge it. Was gonna give it to my partner but that extra 100CC makes the insurance 5x as much of course.

Again - not available yet but hopefully soon. Car is in Medway in Kent.

You forgot to put 'is in Medway' in the bad points.

GLWTS!  I really rather like the tartan seats.  Looks like the kind of car I'd turn up to a party in for a laugh.  I like it.  Sadly can't buy it though (although I think the price is very, very good).

EDIT:  Just wanted to say how silly it is about the extra 100cc being an insurance issue.  I'm not much older than you (30) and I've been very lucky to be just ahead of the curve with all of the insurance hikes on younger drivers.  It wasn't 'cheap' to get insurance when I was 18, but I could drive around in a 1.3L without major issue.  The 1.4 wasn't a problem at all (£600-ish per year) and the 1.9TDI (130bhp) I drive now (I call it the 'Geography Teacher Aesthetic') is absolutely fine on a joint policy with Lady Grumpius.

100cc really makes no difference to your ability to get into an accident, especially on an older, NA small petrol unit.  Just stupid.  Shame she can't drive it because it's an ideal first car given the lack of PAS, etc.

This would make a proper Clayts commutawagon. I'm after something smoll (-er than the Streetwise, so less than 3980mm in length) to squeeze into the rare as hen's teeth street parking near to work - this squeaks in with an all important 30 cm which makes all the difference.

Hmm, Medway. Kent right ? (sorry, betraying my Southerner roots, it's been a while).

Mind you the train fare there would probably be more than the car....

But...tartan. Nuff said.

Would buy roffle tickets

This would make a proper Clayts commutawagon. I'm after something smoll (-er than the Streetwise, so less than 3980mm in length) to squeeze into the rare as hen's teeth street parking near to work - this squeaks in with an all important 30 cm which makes all the difference.

Hmm, Medway. Kent right ? (sorry, betraying my Southerner roots, it's been a while).

But...tartan. Nuff said.

Would buy roffle tickets

1.Drive down in Chrysler.

2.Push Chrysler in sea

3.Drive home in Peugeot

But...tartan. Nuff said.

Would buy roffle tickets

Medway indeed. 

I like.

Enough to buy? Maybe....

8)

I love that the word 'zest' is emblazoned above the glove box

Extra lemon-y.

Update: The horrible damp smell has gone but equally it's stopped raining so...take that as you will.

Soz, I'm oot - just bagged something which is actually longer than the Streetwise - that went well, then....

No worries Mr Bannatyne.

DuncanBannatyne.jpg?itok=iWf5RRIg

"I'm oot"

Just put it on Facebook for £200. I can't wait to get messed around and offered a broken PS3 controller. It'll be scrapped probably end of this week or beginning of next if no bites.

Such a shame I haven't the spare beans (or maybe that's a good thing?).

This is prime candidate for an interior strip out, weight reduction and 1.6 8v in there!

I haven't seen one in a single piece this cheap for a while now. I would imagine you will sell quickly at advert price

mmm, beans. It weighs in at 110 or so and it's got £30 worth of stereo in so I don't think I'm asking the world. I would probably accept a vast quantity of actual beans to be far..

FB Update: I posted a slightly trimmed version of this ad and prefixed with "Don't offer me a broken PS3 and a pit bike", and finished it with "Don't offer me £100, I can scrap it for more, get a grip."

So far I've been offered £100 by a guy that then said it's not worth £20 in scrap when I told him to buy a push bike. He then told me to "mr bin just tu drive this" - so I consider myself bested.

And I've been offered a PS4.

Give me strength.

These things look very cool all boyeed up, blacked out windows, slammed to the deck, trick lights, de cluttered, Carlos Fandango wheels.. 1.1l roller skate !! Fucking scary driving one of these without braking, a true test of nerves.. Made me the  ( 47 year old  ) man I am today...

Wish I could but I just can't get there in time - was really hoping you'd have it until early November.

Being scrapped tomorrow or Saturday. Would keep it for longer but sadly don't have the storage. Match scrap @ £122 and it's yours.

Assuming it's taxed to get me home I can store this for a few weeks. I can pick it up Saturday? Happy to front up the £122 as well, though in the hope that 83C then takes it on as I don't really need another project in all honesty...

That’s an incredibly kind offer fella but I don’t want to put you to any trouble, plus I’d be wanting to find some weird and daft way of getting it sooner when I’ve got shit to sort out at home. Thank you anyway.

I have a spare driveway, a trade insurance policy, and I can cycle down to the Medway towns for the cost of a couple of slices of toast. If it does 60 to the gallon it'll presumably get back on the fumes in the tank.

So really the only cost to me is maybe 4 hours of my time which I would only waste on the internet otherwise, and which I would regard as time well spent if it saves a 106. I would buy it for myself if I didn't already have one in need of a quick fettle for its MOT.

If anyone else is interested then the offer's there, you'd basically have until the MOT expires to collect it, or I might even deliver it for the cost of a Megabus home and a chip supper for my trouble.

I have a spare driveway, a trade insurance policy, and I can cycle down to the Medway towns for the cost of a couple of slices of toast. If it does 60 to the gallon it'll presumably get back on the fumes in the tank.

So really the only cost to me is maybe 4 hours of my time which I would only waste on the internet otherwise, and which I would regard as time well spent if it saves a 106. I would buy it for myself if I didn't already have one in need of a quick fettle for its MOT.

If anyone else is interested then the offer's there, you'd basically have until the MOT expires to collect it, or I might even deliver it for the cost of a Megabus home and a chip supper for my trouble.

I can't even think of an excuse not to go for it with an offer like that..

Apart from perhaps having to actually live in it after telling the wife we have another car when I need to sell 3! 

Very kind of you! 

I can't even think of an excuse not to go for it with an offer like that..

Apart from perhaps having to actually live in it after telling the wife we have another car when I need to sell 3! 

Do iiiit.

It's being scrapped this evening or tomorrow if nobody buys it, got someone from Facebook looking to view it tonight but I'm assuming he's going to either not turn up or offer me a packet of monster munch.