E39 BMW 523i - For Sale - If enough interest, I may ROFFLE........

Wingz123

BMW 523i E39......for sale....

The time has come to sell my beloved BMW 523i. She is at current in storage so with that said, I'll pull her out and she will go with a fresh MOT as she was MOT'd last year, driven onto the back of my truck and offloaded again into a warm dry garage.

She drives perfectly and starts on the button. If I just so fancied, I'd jump in this and drive it to the South of Spain tomorrow absolutely no shadow of doubt she'd make it.

Gearbox - Spot on
Engine - Spot on (straight 6 and sounds beautiful)
Suspension - Feels tight and doesn't knock or bang so again I'd say spot on

She has only done 133k miles from memory.

Air conditioning works and can say that having owned quite a variety of cars in the past none have come close to the temperature of the air pumped out as this thing....unbelievable...

I'm after £995 for a painless sale although I'm sure that one in this condition would fetch £13/£1400 if I was prepared to sit and wait.

Pictures are from back in the Summer.

Negatives? - Light scratch on the rear bootlid. virtually no rust. two small bubbles that have amounted to nothing on the rear drivers side wheel arch (that's me being extremely fussy) and the headlights might benefit from a polish as they have yellowed just ever so slightly.

Car can be in Reading or Birmingham (my wife is from Shirley in Solihull so are up there all the time)....of course I can pick you up from the local train station/meet you at Heathrow etc etc

post-24460-0-38208700-1539524055_thumb.jpg

post-24460-0-49960600-1539524095_thumb.jpg

post-24460-0-46080700-1539524117_thumb.jpg

post-24460-0-17749600-1539524144_thumb.jpg

post-24460-0-96104100-1539524165_thumb.jpg

I ran one this year and got 30 mpg on the hack commute. Properly nice cars. Even the young apprentice at the local garage said these were 'the last properly built BMW'

Bonus points:

Turbine alloy wheels that are a timeless classic.

Gingercators that are most likely barely run in (applying a stereotype there).

The first 5-series with rack and pinion steerables.

First volume production car with majority alloy suspension components.

The Reverend Blue Jeans will be along in a minute with further info

If Junkmann had purchased this rather than Der Fuehrerwagen, he'd be in a much better mood. For starters it has a proper engine.

I can never get very excited about BMW's of this era but a good one really does drive very well. 

I didn't like these when they came out, but... They have aged beautifully like a lot of BM designs. High miles shouldn't put anyone off, I have a 30 odd year old, 218 or something thousand mile, 6 cyl BM still wearing pretty much of all it's original equipment in the engine Dept.

I would if I could, but I can't. 

Thanks all for kind comments - as the pictures do suggest, she isn’t your average e39 of this era - she was clean when I bought her and I have tried my best to continue the treatment regularly waxing her even though she has been in a garage!

There has been some interest although it is on a if someone buys mine I’ll buy yours agreement though I’m not sure where that leaves me... :/

Do I still say its for sale or wait or whaaaa?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesus wept, that interior is minging. Whoever thought that combo was a good idea must be the same person who designed the seat covers in 1990's coaches. To be fair, just sacking that gopping 'wood' trim off would improve it 87.3% on it own. 

GLWSTM8