Rover gR8 220SLi - CONGRATS CATSINTHEWELDER - donation now made

Cheezey

Thanks chancer, got your payment. I'm afraid yours is one of the ones that Paypal has taken 3.4%+20p. Don't worry about it. As long as I get to the £100 for charity I'm quite happy. I'm not a kick in the arse off that at the moment.

Dont mind throwing another couple of quid in the fund if ur shy of the £100....just let me know

Very chuffed and excited.

I now own 5 cars, 3 broken, 2 in Scotland and one out on loan so the only working thing parked here is a furniture van.

This is the first roffle draw where I've watched the balls drop and just happened to be on the phone to Ms C at the time.

My friend who is borrowing the ex-Rob T and Sparticus 214 is now very happy that he can buy it.

Being as the current Rover is out on loan and everything else is broken what do you think is parked outside?  For bonus points it's the one we tried to retire twice but couldn't be sold because it was broken each time.

In fairness it's here to save time getting to the first job in the morning, they kindly provided me with a Fiesta with more hits than ABBA the last 2 nights.

I've just watched Still Game for the first time on Netflix,  it's good :)

Congrats, Rich. Glad the AS bike has gone to a good home where it'll get used - since strangeangel disappeared, taking the blue BX with him, we've not really had an AS bike (at least a high profile one) as the 220 has been lying low-ish for a while. 

I'd love a go of it someday, if it doesn't die by the time I can afford to insure multiple cars. 

Let me know if you need any parts for it (especially bodily) as the FB community for R8s is fantastic and can source almost anything in no time at all, especially if a rare model is concerned. 

Also, if you need any of the lattice wheeltrims, let me know. I have 4 in the shed and no use for them as the GTi has five alloys and the GSi has five correct early wheeltrims. I also have a spare driver's side rear door.

Regards the screen, it was being mentioned in threads on the car five years back, it's obviously had several MOT's since so if it's not progressed you might be ok.

Like Ghosty says though, the R8 Facebook page and Owners Club can source just about anything, so I'm sure you'd have little hassle sourcing one.

Regards the screen, it was being mentioned in threads on the car five years back, it's obviously had several MOT's since so if it's not progressed you might be ok.

Like Ghosty says though, the R8 Facebook page and Owners Club can source just about anything, so I'm sure you'd have little hassle sourcing one with minimal hassle.

I think the screen has been replaced within the last few years, the latest crack happened some time after the last mot and will definitely need replacing for another test as alluded to in the last roffle.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk