Rover gR8 220SLi - CONGRATS CATSINTHEWELDER - donation now made

Cheezey

• 1 month later...

I did have a look at it the other weekend.  The boot was sopping wet so I took the carpet and sheet of hardboard inside to dry out.  Underneath I found the wheel well had a fair sized hole which is hopefully 30cm away from the seatbelts but will need migging up at some point.  Inside was a little damp so I need to pop the windows down the next time we have a warm windy day with perhaps some rice in a sock or similar.

The worst bit was that it wouldn't start.  I bought 2 new batterys in the autumn which are rated for the 405 and are the biggest things I can get into the 220.  They were in the 1310 and 220 and both were flat but even charged up it won't fire.  I'll dig out the leads and the Pug next time I've got a spare hour.

I bought it a pile of new exhaust bits which can be fitted when I remember to bring the various stands back from work.  Once it works and is quiet I'll get the screen sorted and chuck it through a test.  I'm not certain what to do then as I really don't need 5 cars.

Progress is a bit slow as I'm a lazy sod with 2 jobs, 3 kids and a house that needs loads of work too.  I'm making an effort to film project car work too which is good as it provides motivation but can slow things down a bit.

There is a key fob on which the button needs to be pressed to avoid the alarm going off when starting.  Fucknugget here can never remember which button much to the delight* of the neighbours.

I want to say it's the left one*.

Never had any problems with starting while I had it except for once when me and Girlfriend_70s were about to head out and when I turned on the ignition it briefly came to life and then lost all electrics. Gf_70s gave me a look that said something along the lines of "so you own three cars which are all broken and now you've borrowed a fourth which is also dead, I might hate you" while I fiddled under the bonnet. Negative battery terminal was loose...

*Information provided may be wrong

• 2 months later...