Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Broadsword's Blower Jag

Jaguar

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 ONLINE   Ohdearme

Ohdearme

• Full Members
  • 305 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:45 AM

Excellent purchase, XJ308 xjr is still the ultimate sleeper barge for me. Always said I';d own one...didn't expect to achieve this via roffle though. (nudge nudge)

• Broadsword likes this
Audi A1 Sport Diseasel - Wife shite
SAAB 9-5 Aero Estate - MOT disasterz
Mazda 3 1.4 - Borrowed Dad shite
Ford Mondeo Ghia X - Giffer Spec

#32 OFFLINE   Isaac Hunt

Isaac Hunt

• Full Members
  • 536 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:55 AM

Headlining - try this trick. Masking tape it into position stretched - use as little as possible. Buy a big can of cheap unscented hair laquer. Leave the doors open and I'd recommend a mask and goggles and give the whole headling a light spray. You dont want to get it too wet...leave it half an hour. .repeat3 times. You may need a few additional pins at the edges when you removethemasking tape. Its a botch but should hold up. You may want to cover the interior with an old sheet or plastic sheet when doing this.

That's a new one on me, a proper beuafant job. Try the white head drawing pins instead of mastink tape. When the hairspray lets go you get a prop3r quilted look for maximum shite points. Or, cover the interior well, scrape the old fabric, sponge and glue off and get the white emulsion out for that 'toughbook' type look.

Top of the list has to be that arm rest innit, feck me, someone's had their elbows out on that.
  • Broadsword likes this

#33 ONLINE   Broadsword

Broadsword

• Full Members
  • 360 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted Today, 05:04 PM

New supercharger belt arrived today. Got it fitted within a few minutes. Cleaned away more talcum powder so that the new belt wouldn't get ruined. The new belt is different as in it doesn't have the diamond cut pattern, but fits perfect. Test drive revealed no more belt squealing, which is nice. There is still quite a nasty sounding noise, exhaust leak aside. I know there is a small leak at the flexi pipe. I had as good a look as possible at the exhaust manifolds. They look quite tidy including the EGR bit. After all this I decided to disconnect the blower entirely by removing the belt, then listening to the engine once more. Still this nasty noise seemingly from the Vee is there. Video attached. Not quite sure what it is. It has plenty of get up and go and isn't smoking. Videos attached.

Attached Images

• IMG_4970.JPG
  • IMG_4972.JPG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jaguar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users