Life in the old dog yet

Tamworthbay

^^ I thought it was you having the symptoms on the way to hospital.Sounds like shite in the go juice as you said.

It was only a physio appointment, the physio is ducking miracle worker, I have gone from constant neck pain and struggling to sleep, to minimal neck pain and struggling to wake up in a month and only about ten minutes workout a day and few changes to positions at computer at work etc. Might be popping and farting now as just got back from our monthly works curry.

Changed the oil and filter again yesterday. It had only done 3k since the last change but based on the dire state of the oil and filter that came off I thought it was worth doing another one so it’s nice and clean now. It is supposed to take 6 litres of oil but that only gets it half way up the dipstick. That’s a lot of oil.

It might be the light or the window but that looks decent to me. Dirty maybe but doesn't even look too much of a different shade. Good luck with the collectineering man. It's lucky you happen to have a cool massive estate to pick the new one up in.

It’s peeling terribly and the undercoat is coming through in many places, a picture can tell a thousand lies (as I found out) and that one does, including the plane about to fly into it :-) New one is nearly as rough but a quick spray when the 1000 other jobs are done, or finding someone who do it for sensible money and it will make look a bit cleaner.

And if anyone needs any bits for a v70 the guy I got it off is breaking one and most bits seem cheap enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, barefoot said:

tyre leader

A slightly minimal post there from me!

I've used them many times and I've just bought 4 X Hankook -  195/65 X 15's for the Rover 75 for less than £160 & free delivery from Tyreleader. Ordered last Friday, delivered Monday. I had a minor problem this time in that my bank wouldn't let my card make the payment. One five minute phone call to Nat West where I learned that  the payment was rejected as a fraud precaution because the company is based in Andorra!  All was sorted rapidly, but presumably this will be the norm after October.

15 minutes ago, barefoot said:

A slightly minimal post there from me!

I've used them many times and I've just bought 4 X Hankook -  195/65 X 15's for the Rover 75 for less than £160 & free delivery from Tyreleader. Ordered last Friday, delivered Monday. I had a minor problem this time in that my bank wouldn't let my card make the payment. One five minute phone call to Nat West where I learned that  the payment was rejected as a fraud precaution because the company is based in Andorra!  All was sorted rapidly, but presumably this will be the norm after October.

Thanks, do they do fitting? Looking at the delivered cost they are about the same as Mr Tyre with fitting factored in which amazes me as I have never known Mr Tyre to be vaguely competitive before.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20190828_182253.thumb.jpg.1c00fa425fd33a2cf8bed9caa4513872.jpg

IMG_20190828_184630.thumb.jpg.0e504b8d208814d86f3ca07a614ddad7.jpgIMG_20190828_191648.thumb.jpg.a9b55fcbeaff2a3237eb5f22c25f047f.jpg

Tommotech’s superb kit paid off (again), as someone who has never dabbled with AC before it was interesting to see how it all worked. Pleased to say that a decent amount came out (350g by the end) and it passed the vacuum test with flying colours. As TTs thermometer shows it is proper frosty now.

I then loaded up the five new wheels and headed home, smug in my rally support car esque idea of putting them across the boot. Smug that was until I opened the boot on my slight slope of a drive. Thankfully our house is the last in a cul de sac or the wheels escaping and rolling around the road would not have been so funny.

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to sorting the rear brakes. How the fuck they got through an MoT is beyond me. Two of four pistons were seized, discs weren’t great and both handbrake mechanisms were seized solid. Oddly the notoriously bad adjusters were both fine. As I had bought new ones I chucked them on anyway so if anyone is desperate for a pair of 850/ early V70 handbrake adjusters give me a shout. Brakes feel much more responsive now, I don’t get weird noises when I reverse and it actually holds when parked on the drive!

One weird thing I noticed when doing the brakes is that the spring steel clips that locate the handbrake shoes are attached in a weird way. They have a hole top and bottom, all the top ones have a bolt in but the bottoms appear to have been welded or some sort of heavily planished rivet. Had a quick look online and this appears standard. Why would they do that I wonder? Mine were all ok so I left them in place but replacements came in the spring set.