It's time to sell the GSi, I just don't need it. I'm much more enamoured with the GTi even though this is arguably the better of the two cars. This is AS though, so reasoning is not bound by conventional logic.
Besides, long term plan is to get something non-Rover to go with the GTi and it'll have to go by then.
It's just sitting not being used, so I'd like it to go off to pastures new where someone else can enjoy it.
- 67000 miles
- runs and drives, and is ready to drive away once taxed
- 1.6 litre RELIABLE HONDA ENGINE, single overhead cam, no cat - 115bhp
- automatic gearbox, in good condition with recent fluid change
- runs sweetly and reliably, only mystery is when the cambelt was last done
- great on fuel if driven sensibly
- 2 nearly new tyres on the rear (Avon ZT5), fronts are cheap and worn on the insides (wheel balancing?).
- MOT to May 2019
- on SORN
- rust free!
- paint is very good as the car has had a partial respray, and what wasn't done came up with a wet sand. The grey at the bottom of the doors is satin on one side and faded gloss on the other - the bodyshop I took it to did that without consulting me. Confused me to fuck. Bootlid was replaced at the same time and is genuine NOS.
- there are a couple of giffer parking dents that I haven't been able to sort completely, but luckily with the car being white they're not that easy to spot
- the car smells a bit musty inside - chucking in a can of Neutradol etc freshens it up but lately the car has started to smell again, not sure what's going on there (think the summer sun was relevant).
- 2 pairs of 2 keys - the car has been broken into in the past, evidenced by inconsistent window tints (barely noticeable), and one door being full of shattered glass. The stuff keeps showing up everywhere. As such the door locks and ignition work off separate keys.
- speakers are knackered, and I'll be taking the radio out, but can provide a cassette player if you wish. The aerial is currently in the footwell as cable routing was a PITA, but it still works.
- working central locking (on key, no alarm), electric sunroof and front electric windows
- boot might be letting water in, not sure (could be as it's parked on a slope).
- headlining is in a bad way, the material was knackered and completely unbonded from the backing board. It's shrunk too so irredeemable, it's been bodged up with contact adhesive for now.
I think I make the car sound a bit worse than it is - it's actually really quite presentable, and tends to be well received wherever you take it, provided a better example isn't lurking around! It drives spot on and has been supremely reliable. To find a rust free example is quite rare too.
Looking for £450 to a shiter, which I believe reflects the condition of the car fairly. I'll be putting it on an eBay classified for slightly more money in a few days if nobody is interested.
As ever, located in Stalybridge, Greater Manchester. Car is on SORN and will need taxing prior to collection. Delivery not possible this time unfortunately as I'm too busy and it'd cost too much, but I'm fine with you sending Shiply here or something.
IMG_1303 by max_burton, on Flickr
IMG_1304 by max_burton, on Flickr
IMG_1305 by max_burton, on Flickr
IMG_1306 by max_burton, on Flickr
IMG_1307 by max_burton, on Flickr
IMG_1308 by max_burton, on Flickr
IMG_1309 by max_burton, on Flickr
IMG_1310 by max_burton, on Flickr