Saab C900 - Off to the new owner

The Moog

...much like anything else of its era, to be fair!

The manual LPTs I had were the same in 5th, with the T16s slightly longer legged at around 2750 in 5th (standard- you can mess with the “primary” gears in these to alter the effective final drive ratio) I quite like the classic 900 as an auto as it’s a relaxing drive and IMO the manual box in these isn’t that pleasant.

The manual LPTs I had were the same in 5th, with the T16s slightly longer legged at around 2750 in 5th (standard- you can mess with the “primary” gears in these to alter the effective final drive ratio) I quite like the classic 900 as an auto as it’s a relaxing drive and IMO the manual box in these isn’t that pleasant.

I've driven a manual 99 and there was a weird sort of dog-leg to the box, not sure if that's what you mean or if it was sorted by 1990.  They always felt a bit off-set.

It's a touch below 4k at an indicated 75 (which is where it seems to want to sit) if I remember rightly.

The intermittent rev counter is almost certainly the crimped joint between the flexible PCB on the back of the cluster and the pins leading into the instrument itself. Easy fix...but the panel has to come out, which involves dismantling a fair chunk of the dash. Never got around to it on account of having the only C900 in the world with a reliably working temperature control for the heater...

Fine...put me down for a random. I'll be dead if I win it back...

A random for me please squire!

Done ... And that puts us halfway.

Just for interest the pies will come from Holland's pies and also Clayton Park Bakery.

Fun Moog fact is that the Clayton park bakery is about 200m from my house, so the smell of cakes and pies will have been smelt when working on the car.