Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Event

Collektioneering, help from minime, animals and BTCC

Event

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

Fly in the ointment

• Full Members
  • 1,310 posts
  • 34 thanks

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

So, as any good autoshiter knows - if you have a hankering for an estate (insert other car here) you of course make sure you have all bases covered and end up with 3 of them...... I (we) decided the weekend was the perfect (only) time to get over and collect the motor of much cheapness (other estate is cheapness of tin foil variety so this was second placed). Minime has collection-eered before and loves it, so no worries there. 

Up at crack of Dawn - she's a game girl - and a decently healthyish breakfast was had...... 

Weird_Breakfast.jpg

and out the door with munchkin

Early.jpg

with suitable cards, wallets, foliage and other important paper type shite...

armed.jpg

to utilise the Choo Choo number1

inbound.jpg

which saw successful crossing of much water without a drop on us.....thankfully - we were happy about that.

UK.jpg

To celebrate - we spent the day whiling away the hours before we avoided a well respected shiter..... so we saw a lot of things like this

saw_this.jpg

and enjoyed sunshine.... as it got dark - we headed to that battlefield memorial that is a struggle of even greater forces even to this day..... Waterloo. Got on this - 

train_train.jpg

which then stood fucking still for an eternity..... while WhatsApp messages were pinged back n forth to keep vendor and gf informed we were royally fucked by the Rail that is SouthWestern...... as vendor works for them - I couldn't say too much. He's a nice chap.

Rocked up at almost 22 of those daily hours..... gf was nice goth rock lady that munchkin liked a lot. Papers were thrown at each other..... key turned - trundled off into the darkness. 

It was at this point I realised I hadn't watched as taxi man got us to the address..... so had no clue as to the way out. 30mins later..... a main road. 5mins after that - motorway. 

Navigator had given up and I was on my own.......

small_tired.jpg

HS2 nightmare that is blockage - meant hotel was achieved at midnight with sleeping navigator over my shoulder. 5hrs sleep and a day of rest beckoned...... 

• wuvvum, RobT, Lacquer Peel and 2 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 13,663 posts
  • 53 thanks

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

You must have been one of the few remaining shiters not to have bought a car off / sold a car to Bramz - welcome to the not-very-exclusive club. :)

#3 OFFLINE   Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

Fly in the ointment

• Full Members
  • 1,310 posts
  • 34 thanks

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:33 PM

Day of rest........... day of rest........... not for the wicked fella - or the autoshiter.

Docs held health markings...

beware.jpg

but were soundly ignored and we headed off........

Munchkin loved the carpark contents too

btcc_car_park.jpg

btcc_car_park2.jpg

but decided the bloke in the car 2 from ours was the winner

btcc_car_park_winner.jpg

before I got him into Brands..... and the Fords and Alfas showed off their style.

One of these

IMG_20180930_154004.jpg

couple of these

IMG_20180930_153945.jpg

and quite a few of these

IMG_20180930_154013.jpg

before classic territory was found in the land that rust forgot......

Lovely

nice.jpg

Nice - pity the live axle hindered these

nicer.jpg

proper hard-on material right there.....

nicest.jpg

and we entered a stand that was indeed grand...... to see some of these

IMG_20180930_121218.jpg

and these

IMG_20180930_134713.jpg

and of course the BTCC final races - which of course are on the bloody iPad! Bugger

We then headed home - Channel Tunnel Police did an NPC check...... see if it was stolen as I rocked up last minute without a booking - the site was down. They knew - but whatever...... 

He then commented I had to be the worst car thief in the world if all I could manage was the estate I was in......... munchkin would not have been impressed - but....... true to form - 

small_tired.jpg

So I tonked home......... he woke up and loudly proclaimed - WOOLLARD!!! Whereupon I recovered control of the car and pulled that bad bitch over

mini_woollard.jpg

then home to the land of beer and waffles.... not a hiccup - car is great - not even thinking of consumption and it'll do fine for the tow duties I have need of completion.

mementos.jpg

Bramz7 avoided me like the plague - let his gf do the handover and I only know what he looks like from the photos around the place...... his recent posting - the only conclusion he's still breathing! Perfect seller - would annoy again! 

Cheers Katie - for dealing with us at stupid o'clock and apologies to your neighbours - no lights and no numbers led to a search for your place with munchkin becoming a bit vocal about it.

All in all - smooth as silk. Let's hope the T5 from Craig goes a bit better in a few weeks........this may turn into a fleet thread I think.

• wuvvum, snagglepuss, gm and 4 others like this

#4 OFFLINE   Tadhg Tiogar

Tadhg Tiogar

• Full Members
  • 4,071 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • LocationNot currently in Ireland

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:39 PM

.....Bramz7 avoided me like the plague......

That shouldn't be a surprise. He was nowhere to be seen when I admired* his 164 at FoTU.

F*ck your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside,
F*ck your Subaru, I have a horse outside.
And f*ck your Mitsubishi, I've a horse outside,
If you're lookin' for a ride, I've got a horse outside

#5 ONLINE   Tickman

Tickman

• Full Members
  • 2,272 posts
  • 33 thanks
  • LocationDundee

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:07 PM

......this may turn into a fleet thread I think.

Hope so.

1968 Morris Minor 1000
1972 Triumph Toledo
1985 Reliant Scimitar SS1
1986 Talbot Express Camper

1988 Peugeot 205 (Chuck's)
2001 Renault Clio (Meg's)
2003 Skoda Octavia

#6 OFFLINE   Ghosty

Ghosty

RELIABLE HONDA ENGINE

• Full Members
  • 9,464 posts
  • 45 thanks
  • LocationManchester

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

I had enough trouble finding Bramz' house in the day! He wasn't in then either, his girlfriend is used to it all by now I bet.
  • skattrd likes this

1994 Volvo 850 T5 - brittle plastic turbo bikewagon

1991 Honda Civic GL - smells nice

2009 Mini Cooper S - Mother Ghosty's

Done with chopping and changing. Next car I buy will be a '78 Caprice Classic.

#7 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 13,663 posts
  • 53 thanks

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:07 PM

a decently healthyish breakfast was had...... 

attachicon.gifWeird_Breakfast.jpg

You can tell Belgium is at the heart of the EU - look how straight that banana is!

#8 OFFLINE   Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

Fly in the ointment

• Full Members
  • 1,310 posts
  • 34 thanks

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:33 AM

I had enough trouble finding Bramz' house in the day! He wasn't in then either, his girlfriend is used to it all by now I bet.

Totally get it - that night there were sod all street lights and out of the houses had no numbers...... triggering security lights wasn't on the plan to find said address..... got there in the end

#9 OFFLINE   Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

Fly in the ointment

• Full Members
  • 1,310 posts
  • 34 thanks

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:33 AM

Hope so.

I know - I know - I just keep forgetting to photo any of the damn things........ must pull photo-finger out.

• Tickman likes this

#10 ONLINE   bramz7

bramz7

• Full Members
  • 3,190 posts
  • 20 thanks

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:55 AM

Everyone who has come to mine seems to get lost, even Deliveroo, Ikea etc, I think only the postman knows! Has it's benefits though, living in a reasonable sized town but somehow lucking out and living down a quiet road with no parking restrictions....doesn't help my wallet of course.

Glad you had a good weekend, and I am sorry I wasn't around, my working hours are so unbelievably anti social that I may as well teach my other half to drive and get her to collect/sell all my cars.

I will pass on the thanks to Katie.

Regarding fuel use on the BMW, it seemed to do mid 30s on a motorway slog without issue, which was very pleasing. Unless you have to dump the throttle to overtake ditherers of course....

I actually miss it! Way more predictable than the Alfa, which is developing some creaks.

• Exiled_Tat_Gatherer likes this

buyer of impulse, seller of regret

Current fleet:

1996 Ford Mondeo Verona TD

1996 Volvo 850 TDI 

1999 Rover 820Si

2000 Fiat Multipla ELX JTD

#11 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 13,663 posts
  • 53 thanks

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:03 PM

this may turn into a fleet thread I think.

Speaking of which, what happened with the Bedford CF you were after a while back?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users