Japanese technology Malaysian style niggle fixing

bub2006

Hooli,yes very interested as the gear lock is a right pain because of the angle of the shifter,thank you. Hhr,yes I did have a modern Skoda,then a modern qashqai. All sort of went tits up. Liked these protons for years so fucked them off! Pandamonium I'm good for wheel centre badges thanks. Trims with locks no less on this!

Amazing yet tragic that this car is measurably better in most respects than a brand new car from a supposedly decent mainstream manufacturer.

Yet again my belief that late 80s - early 90s was the sweet spot for car design feels justified

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

It's not as well equipped or as powerful obviously but I think it's definitely better than the vag and qashqai

Safety features aside, everything else the qashqai had can be added I'd wager......Bluetooth stereo, parking sensors etc etc

It would be nice actually to take something like this and modernise it

Hooli,yes very interested as the gear lock is a right pain because of the angle of the shifter,thank you.

You at Eddy fest? Only one key though, no idea where the others went about 10 years ago....3eea979b6226f8b95aa95c20245a03c5.jpg

I reckon this is the time to grab one of these.  Surely it can only be a matter of time before they start to creep up in price the way Ladas started to a few years back.

I do have to admit that if an early one turned up in 1.5 Aerodeck form for the right price I'd have a heck of a job saying no to it.

They're not exciting cars, but they're one of those which they just managed to get absolutely spot on.  The interiors are pleasant places to be and They've a way of shrinking long distances that most modern motors can't hope to match.

Really miss my one - even more so because I don't even have any photos of it.  Selling G499ORS was one of the most stupid things I did.

To be honest I'm not a fan of the aeroback shape. Not many hatchbacks I like either. Prefer a saloon or estate. It does seem to eat the miles. Won't ever set the world alight only having a 3 speed box though. I don't see myself getting rid of it but not many of my cars get sold on. I'm usually the last name on the logbook.

They are quite a nice shape, and I can't help thinking had they lobbed a mitsubishi or Mazda badge on they would have shifted a few more.

Absolutely loved the rally wiras. Network Q rally for PC back in the late 90s....

ceef5c190faa74f4f9e06c2c7d536727.jpg

Pic courtesy of this link:

http://rustyoldrubbish.blogspot.com/2015/07/unsung-heroes-rise-and-fall-of-proton.html?m=1

They are quite a nice shape, and I can't help thinking had they lobbed a mitsubishi or Mazda badge on they would have shifted a few more.

Absolutely loved the rally wiras. Network Q rally for PC back in the late 90s....

ceef5c190faa74f4f9e06c2c7d536727.jpg

Pic courtesy of this link:

http://rustyoldrubbish.blogspot.com/2015/07/unsung-heroes-rise-and-fall-of-proton.html?m=1

Hahhaha. You do know that they are a '85 Lancer somewhat updated?   :-)

All parts nearly ready. I just need the oil and filter for tomorrow. So far I have got both auxiliary belts,cambelt, tensioner and water pump. ATF fluid also so tomorrow is a busy day. ATF change,service and brakes stripped and clean. Rear wheel bearings to get grease applied too.