DodgyBastard

Renault 19 Prima Chamade
£495
Cowdenbeath, Fife

1.4 Energy engine
5 speed manual
mot June 2019
50k miles

It's a very basic car, it doesn't have power steering, electric windows, central locking, rev counter or even a temperature gauge but the seats are comfortable and it's reliable.
It starts up easily with the use of the manual choke and runs absolutely fine.
There's a bit of a drone from a front wheel bearing but other than that there aren't any other mechanical issues I can think of.
I've fitted a set of R18 American alloys which suit it nicely.
I'll take some more photos but these are all I have on hand at the moment.

43933627165_a33ebebf5c_c.jpgRJC_4321 by srblythe, on Flickr

43933632965_af12c83d36_c.jpgRJC_4312 by srblythe, on Flickr

43032909570_69b2de5707_c.jpgRJC_4318 by srblythe, on Flickr

29321215057_ce73cc4c52_c.jpgRJC_3519 by srblythe, on Flickr

30366606318_0c2a422bc4_c.jpgRJC_3479 by srblythe, on Flickr

45004536761_74fcf8a067_c.jpgRJC_4749 by srblythe, on Flickr

44285589714_ffe6588963_c.jpgRJC_4748 by srblythe, on Flickr

All these dash lights and ultra - complexity are going to condemn lots of cars to an early demise. 

And so the planned obsolescence strategy plays itself out and capitalist car manufacturers can prosper further as the proletarian can buy their plastic, disposable, euro-boxes on wheels.

Or perhaps I'm cynical...

i pumped a really ugly bird in one of these when I was 19. I don't need to be reminded of that by buying this one :D

Admirable numerical correctness - R19 when you were 19. I trust the trend continued? You must have been gutted when you turned 22 and then had to wait another three years until you could get back to shagging in a R25...

All these dash lights and ultra - complexity are going to condemn lots of cars to an early demise. 

Which sells new cars , it's all planned , back in the 70s cars were fucked by 7-8 years old, either the engines had worn out or they'd rusted away , now 15-20 years is possible but there's no VAT and car tax in that so they have to make them uneconomical to repair , same as £535 road tax on a car worth £1000 , most will just scrap them as soon as a light comes on or not buy them because £535 tax

Which sells new cars , it's all planned , back in the 70s cars were fucked by 7-8 years old, either the engines had worn out or they'd rusted away , now 15-20 years is possible but there's no VAT and car tax in that so they have to make them uneconomical to repair , same as £535 road tax on a car worth £1000 , most will just scrap them as soon as a light comes on or not buy them because £535 tax

True. I have a whole bunch of early 90's cars. I reckon that time-slot say late 80's to mid-90's produced some of the most durable cars really rust resistant, no crazy electronics, normal bulbs, no CATs, no airbags, simple engines etc. You are right cars are going to get scrapped like washing machines - first sign of a biggish problem. Cheap finance is driving this too on new cars.

True. I have a whole bunch of early 90's cars. I reckon that time-slot say late 80's to mid-90's produced some of the most durable cars really rust resistant, no crazy electronics, normal bulbs, no CATs, no airbags, simple engines etc. You are right cars are going to get scrapped like washing machines - first sign of a biggish problem. Cheap finance is driving this too on new cars.

Mid to late 90's was cars peak IMO.

It was the sweet spot where mechanically, most the cars were developed based off of 70's and 80's design with all the issues ironed out and useful or enhancing tech was just starting to be introduced in primitive forms but the car was not reliant on it.

Because what car buyers really wanted next was stereos and windows all controlled through body computers and electronic throttles controlled with 5 sensors and their own ecu.....