Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

Dec 1998 318i Touring. Not drift king cosworth batmobile i phone barn found classic retro artizan

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BoggyMires

BoggyMires

• Full Members
  • 659 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationThe A14

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:32 PM

The Touring.

I'm not one for selling off members of my family but I have too many cars and would like to off load this, much to the missis' disgust. It is this or my 635 of dreams... and that's not going anywhere... yet (because it's playing ball). I'm still using this touring but only at weekends, it just sits there all week, under a tree because now I commute by trainz to the big smoke.

MOT June 2019, Taxed to get you home. Cambridge, can haz deliver, meet halfway, pick up from airport... agree expenses beforehand.

IMG_20170610_161159439.jpg

IMG_20170610_161215144.jpg

IMG_20170610_161231015.jpg

Shit interior shot:

IMG_20170610_161304246_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Engine obvs:

LPIC2431.jpg.jpg

At work as a family truckster:

IMG_20180211_114544125.jpg

The shit bits:

It has no ASC Traction control or ABS which hasn't been diagnosed and I've assumed it's a wheel sensor so I bought 4, changed the fronts and can't be arsed to do the rear. I went through the Beast from the East with it and I'm still alive.

It has a clutch judder now and then when cold, it's always done it in the years I've had it. Clutch bite is great with no slipping.

The engine may seem to hold back and let go sometimes when booting it and again, it's always done it. I have never got to the bottom of it, I even took a chance and changed the lift pump which made no difference, so it comes with a spare pump.

Revs can also drop sometimes when stopping or reversing, especially when the ambient temp is below say 13 degrees. I suspect both these issues are related to a fueling issue.

Front calipers get sticky if left for ages without being cleaned or serviced

Rear rear courtesy light has always been inoperative, I have no idea why and again, can't be arsed to sort it as the car has 3 other interior lights.

Radio display goes wanky sometimes. Not done it recently but turning it off and on sorts it. Volume control knob is worn and can go uber loud when turning it up sometimes. Radio has code.

Recently I pulled the gear knob off by accident and it keeps coming off when enthusiastically changing gear... now that is annoying.

Rot is starting to set in, needs dealing with now.

When I sold it to a friend, she managed to add some dents and scratches to it before I bought it back.

Tailgate bottom has been repainted and the paint is crazed. I initially bought it like that and it's just got worse over time.

Heater motor is beginning to squeak on low sometimes when cold.

Cover in the boot over the CD changer keeps falling off around corners. Can supply a bit of wood to keep it in place... maybe.

Small chip in screen which is recent. I changed the screen (see MOT history) to a sun strip type but failed to notice the back of the rear view mirror has a little bit of silver showing through.

High miles, just clocked over 180,000. I commuted 100 miles a day for a year last year so they stacked up quickly. All motorway driving.

Interior cloth gets dirty, quickly. Comes up lovely with a wash though.

BMW bonnet badge recently de-laminated and got blew off at high speed.

Getting a bit 'loose' feeling up front when blipping the brake, reckon it'll need top mounts soon but not fully diagnosed yet.

Rear screen scratched from a duff wiper which got thrown in the bin when I bought the car back.

The amazing bits:

Still a very usable car, it takes seconds to remove the luggage cover and flip the seats and you can throw a bike in the back. Despite it's character* (see above) it's still strong, pulls great, doesn't smoke and is great on fuel. It regularly charges up and down the M11 at over 4000rpm and i can't see why it wouldn't keep doing it.

Takes off well, will take abuse. Sits in traffic for ages quite happily. Easy to drive manual and fairly comfy yet firm ride. I have back problems and hours in this doesn't hurt other than a numb arse.

Dunlop blue response in correct size fitted all round including the spare. about 2 thirds worn and I have just rotated them, no puncture repairs or damages, balancing is fine.

Regular servicing when it asks for it. Plugs, oil, filters including pollen. Uses valvoline Maxlife but in the winter it developed a rattle when freezing cold on start up so I changed the oil from 10w40 to 5w40. Seemed to cure it and hasn't repeated the issue since. Recent leads as one packed up when I carefully* removed it.

Recent Meyle rear shocks, top mounts and dust covers. The originals I took off still worked but the shafts had rotted thin at the top.

Recent front pads and lower suspension but it has covered some motorway miles now.

4 electronic windows, remote alarm central locking all with security codes on secret bit of paper.

1 year old Battery.

Original car throughout. Only addition is the BM CD changer I added.

Reversing sensors work brilliantly.

DISA valve appears to be working still. This can be a troublesome part that costs over 200 quid from BM

Brighter bulbs in headlamps. They don't improve it much but the old bulbs were shockingly dim. 

Recent cam cover gasket and oil filler cap.

Comes with some spares: Cam cover for tarting up and replacing the one that's on there, I think* there is another gasket for that too. Spare used coil pack, no idea if that works. Bought coz cheap and 'get you out of bother' part. 2 new rear ABS sensors.

I want as much as I can get for it and am advertising it early to give you lot a chance to save up for it. By 2023 this will be wurth 10 grands! Give me somewhere around 825 cash because I want to take the missis on a short break to Latvia and I'll ask you to 'old owt yer anddd'!

Attached Images

• IMG_20170610_161241120.jpg

1986 BMW 635CSi - The battle has commenced! (Again...) http://autoshite.com...ry-in-progress/

1998 BMW E36 318i Touring - She's up forced ale http://autoshite.com...-retro-artizan/
2001 Land Rover Discovery V8 - Works very well (seriously...)

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users