Dec 1998 318i Touring. Gone and bubs collection Fred.

Crispian_J_Hotson

You've won with that m7. It's been a great car to us. The bits you didn't notice can happen but they are un-noticable to the untrained eye so to speak. I spent 3years of my life at Citroen being paid to find things like that, mainly squeaks and knocks though so I guess I'm quite overly perceptive with things like that.

It one of those cars that needs a good stretch every now and then, it'll thank you for it with decent running. Servicing will keep it on top of it's game, decent oil or it'll sludge the top end up. 

It works best with the plugs that it has, it relies quite a lot on good plugs because it'll burn them up. Most serviceable bits have been refitted with copper slip so should come apart fairly easily.

The oil filter housing was well tight and appears to tighten up during use. It can be a fucker to get off and I'd advise putting a towel over the radiator shroud coz when it gives, your wrist slams into the sharp plastic edge, causing PAIN!

This car can bite you too... Drive with your arm on the door to improve that Farmers tan? Your arm will push the lock down and pinch your arm skin! Does it every time, so make sure the lock is down!

The car started life being bought from Park Lane BMW and I don't think it was ever cleaned under the hood until I got it!

I know this car inside out so if you need an answer to a question, give me a shout! I put the Haynes manual in the back of the passenger seat for all your fluids, torques and wiring etc...

Enjoy it!

Thank you again. It seems quite economical too. I've found the Haynes,thank you. Just sat going through its history. It's no expense spared looking at it. The car is surprisingly economical and quite a decent amount of torque too I've found. Drives lovely. Even has rechargeable torch in glove box!

Yeah, that torch needs new batteries. There's a tubeyou on fixing them up but probably worth just getting an LED lamp and sticking it in one of the voids of the boot trim. I think I have replacement track rod ends for this somewhere. I got them when I had the alignment done because they were looking a bit seized but the bloke got them to move although it's tough. I suspect the ends that are on there may be put the wrong way around n/s on o/s and visa versa because they ride so close to the rims, like 2mm! It's never been an issue but consider that when you change them. If I find them I'll send them up to you.

Cheers BM and yes the indicators work. I had a few strange looks because after I completed an overtake I pulled back in,didn't tailgate and used signals

You bastard, that's how accidents happen. Some poor sod would have out braked you expecting you to make a gap and he didn't need to

Cheers BM and yes the indicators work. I had a few strange looks because after I completed an overtake I pulled back in,didn't tailgate and used signals

Christ! I'm surprised they worked! Not been in use since 1999! Smol dent in bonnet front edge is from pushing an Audi out of the fast lane.