Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

holy overpriced beige shite!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   mk2_craig

mk2_craig

• Full Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • LocationIT'S CLEAN THE PLATES HAVE BEEN CHANGED THAT'LL BE $7438.

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:47 PM

People should take more responsibility for the mechanical condition of their car, as well as thinking further ahead than the car in front of them, to help prevent crashes in the first place. I tend to be very cautious and somewhat untrusting of most other cars on the road, my philosophy is to expect the worst of everyone and you'll rarely go wrong.

It's called defensive driving! Thirty months behind the wheel of these things helped hone my defensive driving skills no end.
Posted Image

1984 Ford Fiesta XR2 - Devaluing the neighbourhood since 2008

Nottinghamshite
Channel Island Cack
Everywhere Else

#32 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:16 AM

Cor, I miss those Leylands!

#33 OFFLINE   Pillock

Pillock

It's true.

• Full Members
  • 11,376 posts
  • LocationMassive Wang.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:22 PM

Me too! I was still catching a Trent Leyland National home from college as late as 1996.... orange and brown tartan seats, pre-select gearbox and funny smells all as standard.

#34 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:52 PM

West Riding Buses used them for absolutely ages, then Arriva came in and replaced them largely with Alexander ALX300s, which didn't have the noise or smell and weren't half as fun. I know buses don't tend to be fun, but hey, they had their charm sometimes.Yorkshire Traction still ran them for a while after though, so getting on a National was a rare but welcome treat, especially since the Tracky ones had an air of "knackeredness" about them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users