Jaaaaaaaaaaag......For Sale £17 a ticket, two for £30 - £900 Sale - 30 tickets sold

Guest Hooli

Unfortunately without getting out in the cold & sitting in the back I couldn't get a wide enough angle to include all the pretty lit up switches on the door too. But at least that hides the fact I've still not replaced the bulb that should illuminate the J-gate.

Unfortunately without getting out in the cold & sitting in the back I couldn't get a wide enough angle to include all the pretty lit up switches on the door too. But at least that hides the fact I've still not replaced the bulb that should illuminate the J-gate.

teh back seat is very comfortable + you can see what I can only assume is the stiletto heel hole in the headlining :)

I'm still rather surprised by the OMGMPGs this is doing. Since filling up at Glossop it's showing 24.2mpg. Considering I got home with it showing about 21mpg that means commuting to the centre of Leeds in rush hour stop start traffic gives at least 25mpg.

I'd be happy with that from a normal sized petrol lump, let alone this.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a go at curing this car's boss eyed look today so I can see at night.

First off, once the grill is out it shows how much it needs a new condenser to fix the aircon.

6529891cbc5099069f8b782b2180227a.jpg

Then I freed up the working adjustment screws and glued various bits back together. It should be about right now as when parked in front of the garage the RH lights where about 3" lower from 2ft away...

The sellotape is to hold it all in place while the glue dries, I'll remove it later as the glue is taking ages in these cold temps.

b5a87aea0b8bf12ce068e9ede8d7c7c8.jpg

10581909152090bb2ae87f2806bfa18a.jpg

I also had a go at swapping the CD changer into the other case that isn't damaged but the internal mountings are different so that idea got abandoned.

Right the tape is off, the glue worked so no more floppy lights. It even seems to have stuck the plastic trim around the offside lights so that isn't flopping anymore.

When I reversed it off the drive I got a restricted performance and gearbox fault warning on the dash as a reward for fixing it... so I ignored that & let it idle for 10mins before restarting it. That cured the fault, it'll just have been low voltage from having the lights on without the engine running.

I'm Doncaster but if you ever get to the Powerhouse meets I'm normally there.

It'd be interesting to reset it completely & see what happens if it can be arranged.

Maybe a spring/summer ride over. But if you’re near MCR at any point drop me a ping and I’ll happily plug it in for you.

Maybe a spring/summer ride over. But if you’re near MCR at any point drop me a ping and I’ll happily plug it in for you.

Thanks, I'll try to remember if I get over that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Well pretty much dead on 2,000miles in and on the way to a job interview earlier this happened.

post-20217-0-06298000-1544190192_thumb.jpg

Which turns out to be this & reappears when reset

post-20217-0-49295200-1544190215_thumb.png

Time for some reading on common faults & causes I guess.

Bummer, however turning up to an interview in a jaaaag has surely secured the position

Doubtful it was advertised as a networking job so I read up on all the daft things like the 7 layer model etc last night, then I turn up to 100% server questions. I did crap, there is no way I got it.

Ignore or knock lamp off for test.

Behave, apart from it being annoying on the dash it says rich & these drink enough normally!

Right I've done my reading...

post-20217-0-59208200-1544191416_thumb.jpg

post-20217-0-63872600-1544191425_thumb.jpg

post-20217-0-68888500-1544191436_thumb.jpg

I'd say I can ignore the last two as they only seem to have appeared because I read the codes too quick after starting the car.

I'll see if the fueling code reappears as well as having asked on a Jag forum if there is a common fault that causes it. I suspect it was a temporary glitch as it also caused a 'reduced performance' warning on the dash that cleared a few mins later & it's driving as normal again. I was creeping uphill in traffic & slowly down slightly, so I wonder if I managed to hold the idle up without providing enough power for the gearbox to 'catch up' with the car & upset it? Being a Jaaaaaaaaag it's bound to get cranky sat in traffic, I know I do.

Have you seen this?

http://www.editingluke.net/2011/11/p0172-p0175-running-rich-jaguar-xj8.html

He just bent the pins back in for the MAF sensor. Seems easy enough to do.

Edit: I guess these only have a single MAF (i.e. not an intake system for each bank)? If so and considering its one bank, I wouldn't have thought it was the MAF.

Nice find cheers I hadn't found that myself. I'll keep it in mind if the fault reoccurs. It was hammering down with rain this morning too which is bound to upset any weak connections.

What are the fuel trims like in live view?

I've not looked tbh. I'll see next time I use it. I agree a lot of those codes should affect both banks so a plug check is an idea.

for MoT before last had to replace upper lambda on rh bank. maybe cheapo nasty chocolate was installed, not by me, just saying

Interesting as I think bank one is the RH side as you sit in the car.

Has the fuel filter and sparks plugs been changed recently? Might benefit also from a good blast and quality fuel system cleaner (Liquid Moly is very good I have found, worked well on XK8).

No idea I've not read the history file yet, the man above might know.

It gets some decent trips, the Northern Powerhouse once a month is about an hour each way & it did that this week for example.

Anyway I used the Jaaaaaaaaaaaagg earlier & this fault didn't reoccur. I also found out from a Jag forum that if you do the following it resets the learned fuel trims.

Unplug the MAF

Turn the ignition on for at least 5 secs

Turn ignition off

Plug the MAF back in

So I did that while I was out too & it's now running smoother so seems to have helped.

As a reward for not breaking I've given it it's second wash on my ownership.

Unplug the MAF

Turn the ignition on for at least 5 secs

Turn ignition off

Plug the MAF back in

Do you have to do this durig the second New Moon after Ting at the crossroads where the witches meet on Walpurgisnacht, carrying a rabbit's foot and a sorcerer's pendant?

What a load of horseshit.

Flog that pile of silicone idiots and buy an old Renault, ffs.