Late edit: decided to keep it.
It's time to move my Focus ST170 on - I realise this isn't really Autoshite material but as it got a fairly positive reception when I bought it, I thought I'd try it here before braving the general public. I need to get some renovations finished on my home and have also accidentally bought a Marbella, plus I've realised that I've done less than 1000 miles in this car since I bought it - in fact my friend, who adores it and is very sad I'm selling, has actually done more miles in it than me as he's borrowed it a few times, including one round trip of 600 miles and also drove it home on collection day. I'm pretty sure therefore that someone else can get better use out of it than me.
Important stats: 6 month's MOT remaining, currently taxed and insured, being used intermittently but now on around 110,000 miles.
Full disclosure - I paid £850 for it 6 months ago from a Ford trader who was selling it as spares or repairs due to there being no evidence it had ever had its timing belt replaced.
In the last 6 months it has had:
- timing belt replacement (waterpump done a couple of years ago according to paperwork)
- two front tyres (Uniroyal Rainsport 3)
- full service (oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, HT leads)
- coil pack
- thermostat and partial coolant flush plus repair to thermostat housing (they always leak, this one had a tiny leak but no longer does)
- front brake discs - pads are very good but new ones will come with it
- replacement air conditioning compressor and re-gas
- replacement driver's side secondhand wing mirror
- OEM Ford floor mats
- replacement remote key
It drives very well, there's a tiny hesitation around 2-3k revs sometimes which is a bit TADS, could be the inlet manifold these are fitted with but from what I've read that would normally put the EML on and there's no warning lights. Once it's warmed up it's usually fine and it does go pretty quickly, revving keenly past 5000RPM. It has the original Ford CD multichanger stereo which sounds superb, I think the ST170 was equipped with better audio equipment but I may be wrong. It has the factory stainless steel exhaust and no modifications. Interior is the half-leather standard ST170 fayre, has electric windows all round, electric/heated mirrors, air con, CD multichanger.
It has no visible rust bar one front wing, underside looks fine to me and the MOT history is good. Interior's pretty tidy bar some wear on the driver's seat material. In my humble opinion, Imperial Blue is THE colour for these and it does look good when it's been polished up. Oh, and there's a decent stack of paperwork with it, although not a complete history.
- paintwork is scruffy, lots of scuffs and scratches all over but no big dents or cracks in the bumpers. The wheels are scruffy and really need repainting.
- one front wing has some rust blisters and probably isn't original
- clutch bearing is noisy - it's been like that since the day I bought it, if you lift the clutch up gently you can barely hear it
- rear tyres are Autogrip - they're OK but noisy and one's getting a bit low on tread on the outside. If I was keeping it, I think they should be replaced soon.
- tailgate wiring is broken, another TADS (I'm going to try and fix this before it sells though, weather and time depending) FIXED!
and rear wipers don't park, I've got so used to this I tend to forget about it, I think this is a common Focus thing, possibly a relay.
Suffice to say I'm not in this for a profit by any means, I'd like to get £1,200 if possible. I'll listen to sensible offers though. It's in Barnstaple, North Devon, very close to the train station and I may be able to help with collection/delivery if it's too far away.