Golf GTi for sale £400 Roffle at £7 per ticket, 2 for £13, 4 for £25.

spartacus

So, in anticipation of selling out* of roffle tickets I took the Golf in to my local friendly garage to get the weeping crankshaft oil seal sorted...

He phoned me up, which is always going to be bad news in my book, and I wasn't wrong. Despite recently passing an MOT it seems that the plastic sill covers have done an admirable job of covering up some fairly severe corrosion. Added to that he's struggling to get the driveshafts out of the hubs and there's also a broken spring.

All of this means that;

A. It's not, in my opinion, worth roffling.

B. It's not worth me repairing it, I'm not about to pay him what it's likely to cost and although I have the capability, I just don't have the time at the moment.

As a result it's for sale.

To recap, it's got many new parts, outlined in my roffle thread, I can supply a set of standard springs and a set of lowering springs.

I would rather not have to do battle on eBay or Gumtree, so if anybody wants to give me £400 or thereabouts then hit me up with a message...pleeeease!

Quiet full stainless exhaust.

Quality lowering springs and dampers.

New thermostat.

Good, quality tyres all round.

Low mileage.

Kent cam.

New head lights.

New discs and pads within the last year or so.

Tow bar.

Bad bits.

Rust on Sills.

Oil leak.

Usual bits on a 21 year old car, car park dents, scratches etc.

03pRSIO.jpg

VZSRKxu.jpg

So, yes oui si is hot for this car, I think he was the top buyer in the previous roffle attempt! He's suggested above that it may be a more successful prospect at a lower price, so we'll give it a shot.

Please bear in mind it's a project and has faults, although it has been in daily use until very recently.

Don't be shy now...

4. yes oui si

6. bramz7

7. 83C

11. yes oui si

18. yes oui si

20. yes oui si

26. GeordieInExile

32. yes oui si

37. 83C

41. Tickman

42. 83C

44. 83C

47. yes oui si

53. yes oui si

58. yes oui si

I'm afraid I've got no space for a car, but yet another vote for these being underrated.

The 8v just trundles along and pulls well from low revs, and even driving mine like a bit of a prick I got 38-40mpg to work and back. They're comfy enough, ride OK and if you knacker it then they sold loads and most are on eBay as breaking. I think I paid £10 for two mint front seats and the same again for a bumper.

• 1 month later...

I've not long joined, I don't need this car at all, I haven't got anywhere to park it, my Mrs would hate it, it's miles away.

So, can I have #38 if it's still roffling please?

I bought it, thinking about moving it on... Have put on nearly 3k in the last six(?) weeks.