So the mighty mira grenaded this morning. Time for annuva clerkship fred

xkjagnz

Cambelt only had it serviced last month apparently checking the cambelt isn't done unless you ask for it. Last time I use that garage

Why would they unless it's a cambelt service? It's probably extra work getting covers off etc for no reward.

Why would they unless it's a cambelt service? It's probably extra work getting covers off etc for no reward.

Comprehensive service package said check all drive belts, etc etc as the mira only had about 50% of the checks needed for a more modern car (no pas,air con,etc)and it was 4 bolts or look in the inspection hole from underneath so maybe 2minutes!

Comprehensive service package said check all drive belts, etc etc as the mira only had about 50% of the checks needed for a more modern car (no pas,air con,etc)and it was 4 bolts or look in the inspection hole from underneath so maybe 2minutes!

Fair enough, crap service then if the belt looked worn. I say that as I've seen them fail when looking new.

It drives surprisingly well considering that it is as aerodynamic as a house brick, CVT is a little unnerving at first - ease off the throttle downhill and the revs rise!!- done about 300 miles so far and it is returning approx. 37 to the gallon, this will probably rise a bit when I get used to said CVT