AS In The Community: The Association of Associated MASSIVs: SVR 1/1/19

davidfowler2000

Apologies in advance for:

Spelling: I have been out in town drinking this evening.
Punctuation and grammar: I have been out in town drinking this evening.
Exact dates and times: I have been out in town drinking this evening.

It is long overdue so I have made preliminary enquiries and it seems that the Midlands Massiv are able to host Scotoshite (Particularly the SVM) in an Association of Associated MASSIVs (International Edition) at the usual haunt of the Cannock Motor Auctions in Cannock on Saturday October 27th 2018. The usual format will ensue. The SVM, well me at at least, will arrive in Cannock on Friday 26th Ocober and do an overnight stay at the usual Premier Inn (Cannock South) with dinner and aperitifs that evening. On the Saturday morning we shall all head to the Trucker's Rest cafe on the A5 for a colossal breakfast before heading to the Cannock Motor Auctions for many sillinesses and possibly an afternoon activity.

My idea of going to Blists Hill last time was an unmitigated failure so any other ideas for an afternoon activity would be greatly received.

Friday: Dinner probably about 7ish
Saturday: Breakfast at Trucker's Rest Cafe, A5. 0900ish. Round to the auctions for 1030ish
Saturday Afternoon Activity: <Suggestions>

So who's in?

1. davidfowler2000

Apologies in advance for:

Spelling: I have been out in town drinking this evening.

Punctuation and grammar: I have been out in town drinking this evening.

Exact dates and times: I have been out in town drinking this evening.

It is long overdue so I have made preliminary enquiries and it seems that the Midlands Massiv are able to host Scotoshite (Particularly the SVM) in an Association of Associated MASSIVs (International Edition) at the usual haunt of the Cannock Motor Auctions in Cannock on Saturday October 28th 2018. The usual format will ensue. The SVM, well me at at least, will arrive in Cannock on Friday 27th Ocober and do an overnight stay at the usual Premier Inn (Cannock South) with dinner and aperitifs that evening. On the Saturday morning we shall all head to the Trucker's Rest cafe on the A5 for a colossal breakfast before heading to the Cannock Motor Auctions for many sillinesses and possibly an afternoon activity.

My idea of going to Blists Hill last time was an unmitigated failure so any other ideas for an afternoon activity would be greatly received.

So who's in?

1. davidfowler2000

My diary says Friday is the 26th October and Saturday 27th!

That timing works for me! Me and the gf (who I will refer to as Mrs_brownnova for ease) will be travelling that way anyway so a bit of auction fun on the way sounds perfect to both of us!

1. davidfowler2000

2. chaseracer

3. skattrd (mibbe)

4. Six-cylinder

5. Beko1987 (Might even sleep over, but dont know yet...)

6. clayts450 (saturday)

7. Brownnova & Mrs_Brownnova

MrChasedogger, can you remember the name of that place nearby that serves BFO pies?

Possibly an idea for Friday night, I'll speak to the Blind One - i'll have my new 7 seater toy by then so all the assembled can have a beverage.

FOUND IT: http://www.madorourkes.com

Does anyone know if it's any good?

The last time this came around I said I'd definitely have to do the next one. I also said I'd probably need an event like this to look forward to given what was likely to happen.

Hence...

1. davidfowler2000
2. chaseracer
3. skattrd (mibbe)
4. Six-cylinder
5. Beko1987 (Might even sleep over, but dont know yet...)
6. clayts450 (saturday)
7. Brownnova & Mrs_Brownnova

8. rantingYoof

Looking forward to this a lot. I'm not sure if I'll be in the Omega or something else...I'm planning on shifting it on in October anyway.

I could probably be tempted. Not sure how October is panning out yet. It's ages away, right?

Anyway, a mate of mine is involved with this. https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/History-Museum/Tettenhall-Transport-Heritage-Centre-265833056929173/

Not overly large, but they have some interesting stuff.

I have just booked Premier Inn Cannock South for myself. £28 aint shabby.

I have also booked a room in said hotel for the same said price! Thought I would do it before Amy changes her mind.

Will be leaving after work/rush hour though, so no idea what the friday night plans are, but I may or may not be part of them, depends when I arrive I suppose.

I think its the same hotel that I stayed at last time, and I got horrifically lost as I'll be northbound, and IIRC have to enter the northbound services, head for the BIG NO ENTRY signs and find the hidden bridge over the m6 to the southbound services!

Decided to not order the delicious* looking breakfast though...