Hundertneunzig

nacho man

I have had that hankering for something new for a while. I lost out on a few bits and bobs on eBay after being a tight wad.

Then this popped up on here the other day and I thought it would do me that. I am a massive fan of trims and amber indicators on these old boats. I have had two before and I am just a fan of there wallowing, leisurely ride.

Also it’s brown inside!!!!

03941c1a7d48618bdf7f65340fa550ba.jpg

I roped my normal car collecting victim, my dad, into driving it back for me.

Thanks to theorganist aka Peter who was a gent and let me come and view it early sat morn.

It drove back fine and luckily for my old man it was a warm dry morning as one of the rear windows was stuck down. He loved piloting it back and wants it off me already.

Have a few pics. Not cleaned or anything just plonked in the workshop at work.

1112272e47dabc50e83e168109bc8ba6.jpg

644e2ba30f9b36c031aa208cb30c473c.jpg

5caea0c2ba9db49b56fd06df814a9fa2.jpg

Gonna order a vacuum pump for the central locking and have a look at the electrical issue that’s stopping all the windows working and also the heater blower is a gonna. Also going to give it a major service and renew a lot of the ignition bits.

It looks like it will come up pretty ace with a going over with the polisher. It’s pretty amazingly solid, with only a few tiny little spots of rust coming through at the front of the front wings and a dent on a rear corner.

I am looking forward to getting stuck in and do something, not had any mojo for working on cars for a while and have been sending everything off to be sorted.

4f2074323f05723b98431fa0eab2f5a2.jpg

b935d67d89ed3150f2ec70470006e16a.jpg

Not sure what to do with it after that, might keep it and just bomb around in it, I also fancy taking it on a nice European road trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So got on this first thing and checked all the relays and what not for the windows.

Decided to double check all the fuses.

ac438caab70876eb4e6dd8c754f24a4a.jpg

When you first looked it was fine but a little wiggle and moved. Put a new one in and we have all windows working fine!!

Been using them all for a few mins to make sure they don’t blow the new fuse but so far so good.

Nice easy first fix.

These are ace.   Placcy trims, cloth and gingercators FTW.   Apart from the depressing grey, they usually come with slightly surprising interior trim too, good to see this one is no exception.   Ours is Mrs Rocker's daily and our long distance car.   God only knows what I would replace it with - probably another one.

Got there in the end replaced two wires in the rear door loom and we are as good as gold.

Ordered a full service kit, being delivered tomorrow. Just been reading through the history and there is a good chunk of it and a stamped booked from new up until not that long ago mileage wise.

Anyone got a drivers wing mirror knocking about?

So got on this first thing and checked all the relays and what not for the windows.

Decided to double check all the fuses.

ac438caab70876eb4e6dd8c754f24a4a.jpg

When you first looked it was fine but a little wiggle and moved. Put a new one in and we have all windows working fine!!

Been using them all for a few mins to make sure they don’t blow the new fuse but so far so good.

Nice easy first fix.

These fuses are so annoyingly poor when they get old. I think someone actually makes and sells a straight swap W124 fuse box with blades instead of continental fuses.

So spent a small fortune this morn.

Oil and filter

Air filter

Fuel filter

Plugs

Leads

Drive belt

Rotor arm and dizzy cap

Front pads

Both rear springs as there both snapped.

Going to change the brake fluid and coolant and setup the rear handbrake as it’s pretty naff.

Number plates

Wiper blade

7bbb5cb7f7bfdcd71a410ec90c91f2c7.jpg

Luckily we have a ramp at work so makes it relatively easy.

So this is all back together now, didnt have chance to work on it yesterday as had to do some actual work.

Managed to take the mirror apart, glue the retaining tabs back on and it clicked back into position so no new mirror needed just a mirror glass.

Them frigging electric windows have been causing me some trouble. BUT for the 47th time I think I have sorted it. So they was working then they wasn't, was working then they wasn't, was working then they wasn't etc etc. On the drivers door there are two switches that normally turn the interior light on and off, but normally there is just one, but on this there is two?? well you hold one in and the windows and the central locking stop, release it and they work?? So I have just bridged it and everything works inside and out, including the central locking,

WTAF.