Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The grumpy thread

• Please log in to reply
84477 replies to this topic

#84451 ONLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 27,658 posts
  • 80 thanks

Posted Today, 12:27 PM

Sounds more like sinusitis than a cold if you have the major snots.

Got any Olbas oil or Vicks? Boil kettle, pour into bowl and add a drop or 2 of oil or a nice dollop of Vicks. head over bowl, cover yourself with a towel & Inhale the steam, nose will start to clear. Every now and then place a hot damp flannel over the bridge of your nose to help ease the pain of sinus inflammation. Clinical studies have proven Eucalyptus to help relieve the symptoms and clear the infection quicker.

It's just part of this cold. I'm just trying to get over it myself. On Wednesday, it was running out of me like very warm 5w30.

1972 Invacar Model 70, 1984 Reliant Fox

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1990 Dacia 1310

1999 Daewoo Matiz, 2000 Rover 45 V6, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twitter

#84452 OFFLINE   fairkens

fairkens

• Full Members
  • 748 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted Today, 12:44 PM

Port & brandy works even better!

Shaken or stirred?
Erm, I've got a bit of a problem

#84453 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 2,128 posts
  • 35 thanks
  • LocationChiddesterrrrrr

Posted Today, 01:18 PM

Shaken or stirred?

Either/or. Makes no difference. Tastes good

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#84454 OFFLINE   Tadhg Tiogar

Tadhg Tiogar

• Full Members
  • 3,307 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationNot currently in Ireland

Posted Today, 01:35 PM

Sounds more like sinusitis than a cold if you have the major snots.

Got any Olbas oil or Vicks? Boil kettle, pour into bowl and add a drop or 2 of oil or a nice dollop of Vicks. head over bowl, cover yourself with a towel & Inhale the steam, nose will start to clear. Every now and then place a hot damp flannel over the bridge of your nose to help ease the pain of sinus inflammation. Clinical studies have proven Eucalyptus to help relieve the symptoms and clear the infection quicker.

I find brandy helps for sinusitis. Drink it, snort it, rub it on your face, whatever flicks your switch

Port & brandy works even better!

I find that a good hot vegetable curry helps open the pores and really makes you sweat it out. Just as effective as the usual medical / chemical-based remedies.
  • Datsuncog likes this
F*ck your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside,
F*ck your Subaru, I have a horse outside.
And f*ck your Mitsubishi, I've a horse outside,
If you're lookin' for a ride, I've got a horse outside

#84455 OFFLINE   Pillock

Pillock

It's true.

• Staff
  • 18,173 posts
  • 100 thanks
  • LocationMassive Wang.

Posted Today, 01:36 PM

I've got some Methanol Crystals... A sprinkle in hot water in a jug and hold your head over it makes you suddenly VERY clear.

I always forget what it's called though and can be found in the supermarket looking for "crystal meth".
  • Parky and myglaren like this

#84456 ONLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 8,296 posts
  • 67 thanks

Posted Today, 01:59 PM

I've got some Methanol Crystals... A sprinkle in hot water in a jug and hold your head over it makes you suddenly VERY clear.

I always forget what it's called though and can be found in the supermarket looking for "crystal meth".

Menthol crystals no?
  • Pillock likes this

1997 R Nissan Primera GT

2002 02 Porsche Boxster S

2016 65 Citroen Relay 2.2 L2H1

2017 17 Dacia Duster 1.6 Access

#84457 ONLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 13,818 posts
  • 170 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted Today, 02:17 PM

I've just paid over £100 to the ministry of injustice after a lying bastard copper in september pretended my speed was a lot higher than it was. No point arguing it though as he'd just lie in court, get believed & it'd cost me even more. I found that out years ago last time one fined me for a fabricated offence.

I hate living in a 3rd world country at times, who remembers days when plod could be trusted to try & do the right thing?

Opinions expressed are those of this cunt, not any other cunt. They do not represent the views of those responsible for this forum.
Like any true Englishman I'm never unintentionally rude. If you're offended by this post, good as that is what was intended.

#84458 OFFLINE   HillmanImp

HillmanImp

• Full Members
  • 7,189 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • LocationBratfurd innit

Posted Today, 02:40 PM

Just took the carpets out of the GT6 and put it back on its side again. Now, where did i put my safety glasses.....

IMG_20181117_143825.jpg

Fucksticks.

*edit* I managed to open the door and reach around... Ooh matron
  • The Moog, privatewire and Hooli like this
1965 Singer Chamois
1972 Triumph GT6
1987 Citroen Visa 10e
1989 Toyota MR2
1998 Jaguar XJ8 Sport

#84459 OFFLINE   Tadhg Tiogar

Tadhg Tiogar

• Full Members
  • 3,307 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationNot currently in Ireland

Posted Today, 02:49 PM

I've just paid over £100 to the ministry of injustice after a lying bastard copper in september pretended my speed was a lot higher than it was. No point arguing it though as he'd just lie in court, get believed & it'd cost me even more. I found that out years ago last time one fined me for a fabricated offence.

I hate living in a 3rd world country at times, who remembers days when plod could be trusted to try & do the right thing?

Hardly surprising when their funding seems to have been cut in real terms. The money has to come from somewhere. Unfortunately 'tis you and me....

F*ck your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside,
F*ck your Subaru, I have a horse outside.
And f*ck your Mitsubishi, I've a horse outside,
If you're lookin' for a ride, I've got a horse outside

#84460 OFFLINE   xtriple

xtriple

German is better than English!

• Full Members
  • 3,773 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • LocationTorquay Devon

Posted Today, 03:00 PM

That old fuck Ron has just been round - 'Is Besse with you?'

No.

She's been gone an hour before he's bothered to try and find her, obviously wanted me to go out searching for her, but it's not happening. I have no idea where to start looking for one thing! A sodding hour! I really fear for that dog.

#84461 OFFLINE   Pillock

Pillock

It's true.

• Staff
  • 18,173 posts
  • 100 thanks
  • LocationMassive Wang.

Posted Today, 03:06 PM

Menthol crystals no?

Ha yeah exactly those.

#84462 ONLINE   Bren

Bren

• Full Members
  • 6,991 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • LocationI dunno man - i only just got here meself!

Posted Today, 03:18 PM

I have two inoperative locks on the passat with neither the time nor inclination to fix myself. Cue ££££.

#84463 ONLINE   stonedagain

stonedagain

• Full Members
  • 347 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted Today, 03:23 PM

I have two inoperative locks on the passat with neither the time nor inclination to fix myself. Cue ££££.

Have they deadlocked themselves? VW's have a habit of doing that.....

#84464 ONLINE   Bren

Bren

• Full Members
  • 6,991 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • LocationI dunno man - i only just got here meself!

Posted Today, 03:27 PM

Not yet - rear n/s will not lock with the fob. Drivers door closes on the first catch but will not close well enough to seal.

#84465 ONLINE   richardmorris

richardmorris

• Full Members
  • 6,790 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationUK

Posted Today, 03:36 PM

That old fuck Ron has just been round - 'Is Besse with you?'

No.

She's been gone an hour before he's bothered to try and find her, obviously wanted me to go out searching for her, but it's not happening. I have no idea where to start looking for one thing! A sodding hour! I really fear for that dog.

The only issue I have with people keeping animals as pets is their owners!
  • Hooli likes this
  • Mercedes E320 coupé
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Citroën 2CV6

#84466 ONLINE   stonedagain

stonedagain

• Full Members
  • 347 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted Today, 03:42 PM

Not yet - rear n/s will not lock with the fob. Drivers door closes on the first catch but will not close well enough to seal.

There's a control unit under the passenger side front carpet. Passats love to piss water into the footwell via the pollen filter housing seal or blocked drains in the plenum.

#84467 ONLINE   Timewaster

Timewaster

Yeah, yeah.. I'll do it in a minute....

• Full Members
  • 5,648 posts
  • 20 thanks
  • LocationThe sticks

Posted Today, 03:46 PM

lying bastard copper.

who remembers days when plod could be trusted to try & do the right thing?

Nobody. Always been bad eggs in uniform the same as the have always been some brilliant coppers.

I remember anecdotal stories from the 70s of the local plod who's response to crime was to beat up the suspects down an alleyway.

Not a bad idea if they actually did it but I don't think that bothered the copper too much.
  • The Moog likes this
Pete M wrote:
Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, I can't believe I'm sad enough as to post on the interweb

Des wrote:
the fine art that is welding, like trying to shovel butter into a badgers arse with a soldering iron.

Don't suffer in silence. Samaritans 116 123

#84468 OFFLINE   Lacquer Peel

Lacquer Peel

• Full Members
  • 10,324 posts
  • 34 thanks

Posted Today, 04:08 PM

There's a control unit under the passenger side front carpet. Passats love to piss water into the footwell via the pollen filter housing seal or blocked drains in the plenum.

Also via the A/C condensor pipe.

#84469 OFFLINE   Frogchod

Frogchod

• Full Members
  • 561 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationMesnil Robert

Posted Today, 04:11 PM

The French sure know how to protest. My local town is empty, everybody has stayed at home to avoid the blockades.

Elsewhere in France it's not gone so well with several injuries and sadly one death :(

#84470 ONLINE   richardmorris

richardmorris

• Full Members
  • 6,790 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationUK

Posted Today, 04:18 PM

The French sure know how to protest. My local town is empty, everybody has stayed at home to avoid the blockades.
Elsewhere in France it's not gone so well with several injuries and sadly one death :(

Ah, the yellow vests!
No one knows how to protest like the French. It’s why they’re no longer ruled by louis Philippe the 34th.
  • Mercedes E320 coupé
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Citroën 2CV6

#84471 ONLINE   richardmorris

richardmorris

• Full Members
  • 6,790 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationUK

Posted Today, 04:25 PM

Went out earlier to post a couple of cards -hopped on the bike, down the path to the bottom gate ( my neighbour calls it the M&S gate as it’s opposite the shop, but strictly speaking it’s the station lodge gate). Left the bike, unlocked gate and walked through to the post box and back home. Never left the estate for more than 100m and all in about 6mins. In that time someone has hit the back of the Mercedes bumper leaving a six inch scuff. No neighbours in or out in that time, so obviously a delivery driver.
The only consolation is that it’s going in for some paint and a full polish in a fortnight, so hopefully they can fix it- I tried, but the patch is supposed to be matt not gloss, so overpolishing will make it worse.
  • Mercedes E320 coupé
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Citroën 2CV6

#84472 ONLINE   Ghosty

Ghosty

RELIABLE HONDA ENGINE

• Full Members
  • 8,696 posts
  • 35 thanks
  • LocationManchester

Posted Today, 04:27 PM

Royal Mail.

Get a package slip at 1pm, having lunch.

read it, £13 to pay on what's presumably a Rock Auto package.

Delivery office open til 2 it says - one town over, better go. Finish eating, chuck a fiver of petrol in the Civic, get there at about 1:40.

Council has changed all the free parking in the town to paid.

Pay by app or text only. FRO, I'm parked at the door to the delivery office and the queue is fifteen people out of it, sod paying, I'll just fuck off if das Parkenstasi come. Either that or claim my phone's dead (just install meters you cheapskate cashgrabbers).
15 minutes in the queue, hand over the slip, card in hand.

'It's cash only, we don't have a card machine. Is that a problem?' 

Yes it fucking is, I've queued up for 15 minutes and nowhere at all did it say you don't take card. How fucking daft is that? You have barcode scanners and little electronic signature things, but a card machine? Oh no, we don't have that... 'You could go and get cash and come back?' Aye but you close in five minutes and I don't know where there's a cash machine within two, and there's another ten plus people queuing up behind me. Besides, no money on the debit card, and can't withdraw on the credit card as it incurs fees.

'You can pay online?'

'Ah, I'll do that then'

'...and we'll deliver it to you in 2-3 days.'

BUT I'M HERE NOW!

Dumb fuckers. Complaint on the way for that. Is it not reasonable to expect being able to pay my not insignificant customs fees by card at a delivery office that regularly handles such queries?

• richardmorris and Hooli like this

1991 Honda Civic GL

1991 Rover 416GTi 

#84473 OFFLINE   Wack

Wack

• Full Members
  • 2,372 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationCheshire

Posted Today, 04:32 PM

Approached the cornish pasty stand at Preston station to take advantage of their £3.99 pasty of the month and a coffee :(

20181117_153730.jpg
Spent £7.65

2018 Mustang GT in Banana

2003 Range Rover HSE

2015 Mercedes B220 CDi 4Matic

2011 Ford Transit XLWB Dropside

#84474 ONLINE   richardmorris

richardmorris

• Full Members
  • 6,790 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationUK

Posted Today, 04:34 PM

Royal Mail.

Get a package slip at 1pm, having lunch.

read it, £13 to pay on what's presumably a Rock Auto package.
Delivery office open til 2 it says - one town over, better go. Finish eating, chuck a fiver of petrol in the Civic, get there at about 1:40.
Council has changed all the free parking in the town to paid.
Pay by app or text only. FRO, I'm parked at the door to the delivery office and the queue is fifteen people out of it, sod paying, I'll just fuck off if das Parkenstasi come. Either that or claim my phone's dead (just install meters you cheapskate cashgrabbers).
15 minutes in the queue, hand over the slip, card in hand.
'It's cash only, we don't have a card machine. Is that a problem?'
Yes it fucking is, I've queued up for 15 minutes and nowhere at all did it say you don't take card. How fucking daft is that? You have barcode scanners and little electronic signature things, but a card machine? Oh no, we don't have that... 'You could go and get cash and come back?' Aye but you close in five minutes and I don't know where there's a cash machine within two, and there's another ten plus people queuing up behind me. Besides, no money on the debit card, and can't withdraw on the credit card as it incurs fees.
'You can pay online?'
'Ah, I'll do that then'
'...and we'll deliver it to you in 2-3 days.'
BUT I'M HERE NOW!
Dumb fuckers. Complaint on the way for that. Is it not reasonable to expect being able to pay my not insignificant customs fees by card at a delivery office that regularly handles such queries?

I was getting images of basil fawlty then. Well done! :-)

I had no post at work on Thursday ( nor home at all this week come tothink) when it did come at 2.30pm on Friday they did say that woking didn’t have enough staff on and had run out of overtime and so hadn’t sent the vans out. So much for privatisation!
  • Ghosty likes this
  • Mercedes E320 coupé
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Citroën 2CV6

#84475 ONLINE   Parky

Parky

I don't watch much Television

• Full Members
  • 5,890 posts
  • 84 thanks
  • LocationBut I hear Breaking Bad is very good

Posted Today, 04:35 PM

Gotta love bureaucracy haven’t you. Our post office does take debit card payments and you would have thought that someone at yours would have thought that as the majority of transactions are electronic then a card reader should be standard issue?

It does make you wonder how many of those lovely cash transactions make it as far as the till doesn’t it?

#84476 ONLINE   richardmorris

richardmorris

• Full Members
  • 6,790 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationUK

Posted Today, 04:39 PM

Gotta love bureaucracy haven’t you. Our post office does take debit card payments and you would have thought that someone at yours would have thought that as the majority of transactions are electronic then a card reader should be standard issue?
It does make you wonder how many of those lovely cash transactions make it as far as the till doesn’t it?

Weirdly, although you can now pay for post with debit and credit cards you are not able to pay unpaid postage fees with a card. Just cash or stamps. Why? It’s madness I tell you.
  • Mercedes E320 coupé
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Citroën 2CV6

#84477 ONLINE   Eddie Honda

Eddie Honda

• Full Members
  • 4,936 posts
  • 64 thanks

Posted Today, 04:50 PM

who remembers days when plod could be trusted to try & do the right thing?

174_05232014_08-41.png

#84478 ONLINE   MikeR

MikeR

• Full Members
  • 1,180 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationFormby

Posted Today, 04:54 PM

I just leave them now , the PO is a pain to pop in to ....

years ago , work sent me a big letter , it was not paid up , so the PO sent me a note , so it got ignored , the letter got sent back ...

work paid for it and picked it up ..

then they gave it to me .........at work

Tottering Information Terminals Seriously Upset Passengers

9 user(s) are reading this topic

7 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

yellowperil, cobblers, 3VOM, gdhaydock, brandersnatch, richardmorris, GrumpiusMaximus