Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The grumpy thread

• Please log in to reply
84430 replies to this topic

#84421 OFFLINE   Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

Fly in the ointment

• Full Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • 27 thanks

Posted Today, 10:37 AM

Aaah, all this talk of incompetent government agencies has reminded me.

Apparently I'm through to the second round of interviews for an IT support position with Capita, at the local coastguard control room.
The telephone interview was over a month ago now, and I was told last week by the recruiter from Capita that the in-person interview would be sometime this week. However, the person who needs to be in attendance to conduct the interview isn't sure when she'll be in Aberdeen. This, in turn, is winding up the recruiter who just has to keep forwarding it on to me.

I've not heard anything since last week and it seems like I'm not having an interview this week either. The recruiter has admitted he's already had a couple of candidates pull out over this, as they've been offered other jobs in the meantime. I, on the other hand, am tempted to pull out just on principle! If this is how bad they are just interviewing, imagine how bad they are to work for! I left my last job because of stress too!

Feelin that one bud …… there are a couple of cunt-sulting companies that I simply will not work for or with. The last role I was lied to - the firm was in advertising... great - and all IOS - great part 2, learn some new stuff.... good for the CV. Found out - after signing - that they were bought out by Acc*****e. Even the guys in the firm were livid with the mess they were making of it all. they had NO skilled staff to implement what they'd told ALL their clients would be done. Muggins here had to assess, select and implement the tools required while putting in place the processes for the projects already running. Worked my ass off...….. locals were fantastic….. One day train was really late that morning and then munchkin was ill - so I scooted early.  

Next morning Acc*****e paper pushing tosser 'wanted a word' about my hours! He was physically threatened….. and then given an interim invoice wiht the total hours I'd actually worked (their system not mine).

He then asked me to extend - as their projects were all WAY behind plan and they'd fucked up the entire thing. Told him where to stick it...…

If they're THAT inept before you even get a foot in the door - RUN - RUN A LONG WAY AND VERY QUICKLY!

• Lord Sterling, mrbenn and Supernaut like this

#84422 ONLINE   artdjones

artdjones

• Full Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationCork

Posted Today, 10:43 AM

That is vandalism, no other word for it.

I detest (road) salt with a passion. Can't believe that we haven't found a solution to the roads being slippy that doesn't involve destroying our cars.

I often wonder what chucking many thousands of tons of salt about is doing for the environment.
  • mrbenn likes this

#84423 OFFLINE   Jazoli

Jazoli

• Full Members
  • 1,683 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • LocationThe Lakes

Posted Today, 11:10 AM

I often wonder what chucking many thousands of tons of salt about is doing for the environment.

Nothing probably seeing as 71% of the world is covered in salty water.

In fact there's approximately 322,280,001 cubic miles of it so a few tonnes of salt will make no difference whatsoever
  • sierraman likes this

sigs are shit, wgaf?

#84424 ONLINE   tooSavvy

tooSavvy

tooSerious x far..!

• Full Members
  • 6,448 posts
  • 11 thanks
  • LocationWallsend on Tyne

Posted Today, 11:35 AM

Might be Rong.... But Im sure somewhere I read the floor of the Med is basically rocksalt >> miles and miles deep
  • Jazoli likes this

Wallsend?.....it's not the End of the Walled ;<)

35942490325_0815d58667.jpgSUCKS

#84425 OFFLINE   mrbenn

mrbenn

• Full Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • 37 thanks

Posted Today, 12:14 PM

In fact there's approximately 322,280,001 cubic miles of it so a few tonnes of salt will make no difference whatsoever

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

There have been studies that show the use of salt to de-ice the roads can have harmful effects on many areas including plants and groundwater.

Here is an article from York University, there are others out there:

https://www.york.ac....t/road-salting/

• Lacquer Peel and mercrocker like this

#84426 ONLINE   artdjones

artdjones

• Full Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationCork

Posted Today, 12:15 PM

Maybe it's escaped your attention,but we live on land, not under the sea.
  • Lacquer Peel, mercrocker and mrbenn like this

#84427 OFFLINE   mercrocker

mercrocker

Morris Major Elite

• Full Members
  • 7,930 posts
  • 68 thanks
  • LocationNew Forest

Posted Today, 12:23 PM

Worth a read....https://www.smithson...mans-180963393/

• mrbenn likes this

1963 Morry Thou

1955 Cowley

1987 VW T25 Holdsworth

1990 190E

197? Portafold Caravan 

2000 Fiesta Zetec Ghia

#84428 ONLINE   barefoot

barefoot

• Full Members
  • 3,562 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Locationthe East Mid - Lands

Posted Today, 12:35 PM

Parcel Force attempted delivery of parcel Wednesday

Note left - will redeliver tomorrow

I wasn't in, phoned to ask why not left with neighbour etc

'Neighbours must have refused/not in'

No, they're all retired & we all take parcels for each other

'Parcel will be redelivered Thursday'

I won't be in - leave it with neighbours or deliver Friday

'OK - I've made a note'

Delivery attempted Thursday - I wasn't in & it wasn't left

Note left - returned to depot

I phoned, asked the same questions, it'll be delivered Friday

Waited in all morning - checked tracking - returned to sender

Phoned, Why did you do that - see previous conversations

'It's because you refused delivery'

When did I do that? See previous conversations

'Ah'

'I can arrange delivery for tomorrow Saturday'

I won't be in, how about Monday

'No problem'

Great, give me your managers name & direct telephone number

Ian Healey probably won't be thrilled if he finds out that his number 01159807808

has been posted on the internet for every fucking bot out there to pick up and spam.

Perhaps he'll deliver my fucking parcel & I'll edit this post.

What a total shower of shit, every other parcel company can manage to deliver to me.

Even Hermes & Yodel.

• mercrocker, beko1987, Ghosty and 4 others like this

94110.png94111.png94112.png439963.png717308.png

#84429 OFFLINE   Parky

Parky

I don't watch much Television

• Full Members
  • 5,874 posts
  • 84 thanks
  • LocationBut I hear Breaking Bad is very good

Posted Today, 02:28 PM

Spoke to the NHS and now have dates and details of the prescription we didn’t pay for. Checked account and there is a payment for the disputed amount to that pharmacy on that day.

No problem says the NHS. All you have to do is get the pharmacy to write us a letter confirming you did pay and we will drop it. Like my pharmacist has time to do that.

Quick call to the pharmacist and all they would say was “If the NHS say you didn’t pay, we can’t do anything about that”

So am sending the evidence to the NHS confirming we paid and if they would like to spend time and money taking us to court, we are quite happy to present the evidence confirming payment. Let’s see where this goes....

#84430 OFFLINE   Mally

Mally

• Full Members
  • 2,543 posts
  • 36 thanks

Posted Today, 02:29 PM

Hermes brought me a live plant yesterday.

I instantly knew it wasn't mine and handed it back.

I grow concrete flags.

#84431 OFFLINE   BorniteIdentity

BorniteIdentity

Dangly Mirrored Sierra Saviour of the year!

• Full Members
  • 4,070 posts
  • 49 thanks

Posted Today, 03:46 PM

Spoke to the NHS and now have dates and details of the prescription we didn’t pay for. Checked account and there is a payment for the disputed amount to that pharmacy on that day.

No problem says the NHS. All you have to do is get the pharmacy to write us a letter confirming you did pay and we will drop it. Like my pharmacist has time to do that.

Quick call to the pharmacist and all they would say was “If the NHS say you didn’t pay, we can’t do anything about that”

So am sending the evidence to the NHS confirming we paid and if they would like to spend time and money taking us to court, we are quite happy to present the evidence confirming payment. Let’s see where this goes....

Hope it goes to court so you can show what a farce this is, then countersue for lost earnings etc.
1999 Toyota Avensis SR.  236k|   1996 Toyota Granvia.  186k|   1989 Mercedes Benz 190 bASe.  97k|   1983 Ford Sierra bASe.  154k|

https://sierrabase.wordpress.com/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

rainagain